Annapolis Mini-Corp Venue

Forgive me if this has been discussed, but I can't find any information. I am under the impression that the mini-corps will be performing in the staduim in 2012, at night, under lights. Is this correct? Does anyone know if the corps will be on the actual field, or moved up to be closer to the stands? Will the field size be the same as last year? Finally, with the unfortunate passing of Dick Pronti, is there a new liaison for the mini-corps/individuals, yet, or is it too soon?

Thanks for any answers.

Rich

We are firming up the details on both your questions and will make an announcement very soon.

Keep your eyes on DCP and other forums for the details.

See you in Annapolis!

• 3 weeks later...

We are firming up the details on both your questions and will make an announcement very soon.

Keep your eyes on DCP and other forums for the details.

See you in Annapolis!

We're planning on it. An announcement regarding SW coming shortly. :thumbup:

Just a quick update:

Kevin Hassan, the new I&E coordinator will be heading to Annapolis to meet with stadium officials in a couple of weeks to finalize our plans.

Since this is a new venue, there is much to be planned.

It's going to be a fantastic evening - that is guaranteed!

Any groups needing information should contact Kevin here: kevinh@dcacorps.org

I have been in contact with Kevin and the show be on the field. We have discussed dimensions as the best way to get the best venue for the mini corps. Kevin is a very suitable replacement for our friend Dick Pronti (RIP), and has already began working on these types of things.

Donny

Good luck Kevin!! I think you are the perfect guy for this job! I've seen you handle way too many thing flying at you at once many times over the years, always with great results. :smile:

It will be interesting to see what kind of changes occur with a new venue and a new organizer. I am looking forward to hearing the mini corps outside.

the year it was at the stadium in Scranton was my favorite. the facility in Rachacha was nice, but it could be tough to hear over the socialization

I agree Jeff. Outdoors rocks! Did I hear that there is actually a smaller outdoor venue at the Academy that will likely be used rather than Marine Corps Stadium? I believe I read somewhere possibly on here that the plan was to play outdoors in this smaller venue. Anyone from down that way have anymore insights as to the layout of the campus and does such an additional venue exist?

I agree Jeff. Outdoors rocks! Did I hear that there is actually a smaller outdoor venue at the Academy that will likely be used rather than Marine Corps Stadium? I believe I read somewhere possibly on here that the plan was to play outdoors in this smaller venue. Anyone from down that way have anymore insights as to the layout of the campus and does such an additional venue exist?

while things could have changed in my absence... the original bid was to use the banquet rooms under the stadium for I&E and to have the mini on the main field - obviously pulled closer to the front...

I'm sure Kevin will assess the situation and let every know soon enough to allow proper design use of available space...