I Say... The Greatest Closer Ever Is...

AS far as closers, my husband (That70'sLancer) wants to know, what year was it and what was the song where SCV faded off the field as the song faded. He says they were gone before they got to hear the crowd response....Anyone remember, if so please help us out. :rolleyes:

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if i had to pick one-----greatest close ever.......the devils' " chase the clouds away" is it.

*wipes tear*

AS far as closers, my husband (That70'sLancer) wants to know, what year was it and what was the song where SCV faded off the field as the song faded. He says they were gone before they got to hear the crowd response....Anyone remember, if so please help us out. :rolleyes:

'88?..............Phantom of the Opera?

A short list from the early 70s:72 Kingsmen-King of Kings

72 Argonne Rebels-Love Story

72 Des Plains Vanguard-Hair/Let the Sun Shine In

73-St. Andrew's Bridgemen-Summer of 42

73 Stockton Commodores-My Way

74-SCV-Send in the Clowns/Bottle Dance

74-DeLasalle Oklands-Shiek of Araby

74-Masison Scouts-Brian's Song (WHAT a TEAR JERKER,esp. at CYO Nationals, not a dry eye in the place that night!!)

Jim Wolf 71-77 N. J. Black Watch

AS far as closers, my husband (That70'sLancer) wants to know, what year was it and what was the song where SCV faded off the field as the song faded.  He says they were gone before they got to hear the crowd response....Anyone remember, if so please help us out.  :rolleyes:

Thought that was Garfield 87?

AS far as closers, my husband (That70'sLancer) wants to know, what year was it and what was the song where SCV faded off the field as the song faded.  He says they were gone before they got to hear the crowd response....Anyone remember, if so please help us out.  :rolleyes:

I know that in '93 the guard did a huge ripple from left to right (which is side 1 again?), ending with the corps proper in a block marching off the field in the end zone.

Is that it?

AS far as closers, my husband (That70'sLancer) wants to know, what year was it and what was the song where SCV faded off the field as the song faded.  He says they were gone before they got to hear the crowd response....Anyone remember, if so please help us out.  :beer:

I know that in '93 the guard did a huge ripple from left to right (which is side 1 again?), ending with the corps proper in a block marching off the field in the end zone.

Is that it?

I'd guess SCV '90, since the last note was played in the tunnel and not on the field at all.

My favorite closer? SCV '88 - "Music of the Night". It choked me up then, and it still gets me now. I liked the closer from that year better than their '89 version. (Historical Note - the guy who yelled "All Right!" at the end in '89 as the tarp went down was none other than Mr. Greg Snoeyink - The A-60 Roll King [more on that in another topic!])

• 2 weeks later...

one of my newfound favorites is scouts 79, when they go into "the way we were" and build up and hit that cut and there's silence except for the bass and then come in full blast... oh man... so good... that's all i can say.