I Say... The Greatest Closer Ever Is...

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Bacchanale from PR 1991 is one of my favorite closers at the moment. The finals' show with that one particular guard move, and the part where the dude throws his horn at the end, and Galen turns around and sticks his fists in the air... it's sooo good

Blue Devils - 80,82,86, 92 (One of the best closers ever!!!)

Cadets - 83,84, 87(best soft ending), 96,00

Cavies - 91,92,95,00

Crossmen - 92 (one of the best soft endings)

Madison - 79,80,82,84 (AWESOME) 88,95(Pure Adrenaline) 99

Phantom - 84,87,89,91,96,03

SCV - 84 (another great soft ending) 87(simply THE best) 88,92

Velvet Knights 87,88,90,92 (loudest crowd reaction ever!)

I have a list of about fifty, all tied for first...but if I had to choose one at gun point, in all reality.....1979 Phantom Regiment "Elsas procession to the cathedral" is by far, to me, alone in terms of pure emotion, tension/release dynamics, and sound.

I can still remember seeing/hearing that and being so intrigued, so enthralled........it is truly what made me a fan of the activity.

~G~

1970 - Blessed Sac - Free Again - at the Dream in Jersey City

Played in 69 as well. Bill Pusey the high note soloist (in 69, anyway) was great.

They actually used two solists, one for the first time thru in the low register and then Bill up. Great exit.

The tune is a Doc Severinson chart, I think.

Mike, Garfield 70-72

I have a list of about fifty, all tied for first...but if I had to choose one at gun point, in all reality.....1979 Phantom Regiment "Elsas procession to the cathedral" is by far, to me, alone in terms of pure emotion, tension/release dynamics, and sound.

I can still remember seeing/hearing that and being so intrigued, so enthralled........it is truly what made me a fan of the activity.

~G~

One of my favs too, I was there and still remember it. Got the DVD recently to relive it, what a rush!