NEW DCI Board of Directors

No doubt. I'm sure he will be fantastic. There is no reason to doubt that he will be, and I am glad that he has agreed to serve.

That said, I wish DCI would install *true* outsiders on the Board. That's my only point.

I've been on non-drum corps BoDs for non-profits for 30 years voluntarily and marched drum corps back in the day which would make me a *false* insider :tongue:

I wonder why no one from the Blue Devils, Cavaliers, Phantom Regiment, Carolina Crown, Bluecoats, Cadets, or Santa Clara Vanguard was chosen to be on the Board of Directors...

It was probably a matter of trust. The 22 voting members probably went with this group that they felt they could trust more. I think its probable that those Directors that were afiliated with the initial G7 scheme lost any chance they might have had to get reelected to DCI Board of Directors. But thats just my personal speculation here. But it does seem to make sense to me because not a single one of the Corps Directors that initially signed onto the G7 scheme a year and a half ago was elected to the Board this time around for the next 1-3 year terms.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

Well represented board. Nice to see Fred on there. Great business sense!! And he's still quite new to the whole DCI game, might offer up some fresh ideas. Was for the most part an outsider before taking on the Crossmen.

Do you think we need representation on the BoD though of the G7 corps? I'm talking about the ones involved in the proposal. None of the directors are from corps that have finished in the top 5 in quite some time. Is this a non-issue??

Well represented board. Nice to see Fred on there. Great business sense!! And he's still quite new to the whole DCI game, might offer up some fresh ideas. Was for the most part an outsider before taking on the Crossmen.

Do you think we need representation on the BoD though of the G7 corps? I'm talking about the ones involved in the proposal. None of the directors are from corps that have finished in the top 5 in quite some time. Is this a non-issue??

No. I personally don't think we can expect those Corps Directors to act responsibly on measures that would advance the DCI Mission as the DCI Charter provides and agreed too by the full membership of DCI upon membership in DCI. They can't be trusted. Their secret coup de'tat attempt via the G7 scheme prohibit their future consideration for DCI Executive Board Membership, imo. That said, perhaps in future years, these Corps may select new Directors, and perhaps at that juncture these new Directors may have a better chance of securing the trust of DCI menbers to elevate themselves to Board Of Directors electability and in charge of its future full membership stewardship for the benefit of the full organization.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

It was probably a matter of trust. The 22 voting members probably went with this group that they felt they could trust more. I think its probable that those Directors that were afiliated with the initial G7 scheme lost any chance they might have had to get reelected to DCI Board of Directors. But thats just my personal speculation here. But it does seem to make sense to me because not a single one of the Corps Directors that initially signed onto the G7 scheme a year and a half ago was elected to the Board this time around for the next 1-3 year terms.

or maybe they just didnt want to do it. Im sure theres a plan of some sorts

• Like 2

or maybe they just didnt want to do it. Im sure theres a plan of some sorts

Thats possible too. There is also the possibilty that one or more of them did not enter their names into consideration because they concluded beforehand that their chances of getting elected to the DCI Executive Board by the DCI membership at large was unlikely.

Edited by BRASSO

Thats possible too. There is also the possibilty that one or more of them did not enter their names into consideration because they concluded beforehand that their chances of electability to the DCI Executive Board was not likely or unlikely.

Oh I know one who probably definitely put his name in. He won't stop putting his name in. Because woodwinds are going to save DCI.

ph34r.gif

• Like 3

I wonder why no one from the Blue Devils, Cavaliers, Phantom Regiment, Carolina Crown, Bluecoats, Cadets, or Santa Clara Vanguard was chosen to be on the Board of Directors...

Maybe they formed their own board? :tongue:

• Like 1

Thats possible too. There is also the possibilty that one or more of them did not enter their names into consideration because they concluded beforehand that their chances of getting elected to the DCI Executive Board by the DCI membership at large was unlikely.

hmmmm dont know about that I still think amoung corps they still have alot of clout.

• Like 1

Oh I know one who probably definitely put his name in. He won't stop putting his name in. Because woodwinds are going to save DCI.

ph34r.gif

Keep in mind that once the secret, behind closed doors, G7 scheme proposal became public an emergency DCI meeting was quickly convened by DCI membership and a recall of the DCI Executive Board was voted on, and replacements on the DCI Executive Board took place. Some of the replaced DCI Executive Board members were not about to put their names back into the mix for considersation this year. Their chances of being favorably voted back in this year by Membership were most likely slim to none. So its really not that difficult to grasp why the DCI membership at large voted to return many of the DCI Executive Board members from last year back again this year. The current DCI Executive Board did a magnificent job in holding DCI together in a time of unprecedented crisis, and many Board members were rewarded for that by reelection and a vote of confidence.

Edited by BRASSO