NEW DCI Board of Directors

41 minutes ago, devsabre said:

Cynical much?  You’ve provided no additional facts, no additional specific cases, just commentary what others have reported on within the media and DCI.  IMO, what happened at YEA was a positive wake up call to ensure we don’t perpetuate the past and call what what is happening today.  Let us know when you find perfection in any walk of life. 

Not cynical at all. We have two examples of how to communicate in during this type of crisis in our activity. One is by YEA. The other by DCI. They are very different responses. One as been transparent and responsive. The other has been defensive and reactive. I agree what happened at YEA is a positive wale up call and a model for how to handle communications. DCI has not come close to learning from YEAs unfortunate example.  These are two factual examples of how different groups are handling similar issues.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, MusicManNJ said:

Not cynical at all. We have two examples of how to communicate in during this type of crisis in our activity. One is by YEA. The other by DCI. They are very different responses. One as been transparent and responsive. The other has been defensive and reactive. I agree what happened at YEA is a positive wale up call and a model for how to handle communications. DCI has not come close to learning from YEAs unfortunate example.  These are two factual examples of how different groups are handling similar issues.

Again, DCI would applaud how Cadets have handled their situation and, I'd lay you odds, the DCI BoD would applaud how Dan has handled himself so far.

I think you're confusing what you'd like to see happen with what is actually possible from DCI under the current structure.

YEA! and DCI have different job descriptions; to conflate one for the other is in error regardless of your personal desires.

But maybe not for long...

• Thanks 4

18 hours ago, MusicManNJ said:

I really wish you were right. But from what I have been privy to I do not think so. I believe the media is now driving this story. Attempts to have the corps/DCI become proactive instead of reactive have fallen on deaf ears. That is why DCI has had to put out press releases to clean up fro previous press releases. This is why I believe Dan A needs to be replaced and more independent directors elected. The corps directors are calling the shots and it all centers on self interest/self preservation not realizing that taking this stance will only make it worse when the stories continue to cascade forth... which they will. Not a matter of if... just when. The effects of a coverup is always worse than that of the original incident.

The problem is you have some Corps doing it right but that won’t sell papers. If a corps touted their success, they’d be blasted for pontificating

17 hours ago, garfield said:

Lots of big, impactful words and contentions here that aren't based on anything factual or reflective of the activity, the corps, or the directors.

"...fallen on deaf ears."?  WTHeck?  I don't think we're reading about the same situations, obviously, because DCI acted before anyone caught on, and within hours of Noldony's story.

"...cover up..."?  Wow.  Some mighty big, powerful, and unproven contentions in your post.

Dci has already been working on Pio. They were in fact suspended on 8/16, before the article came out

• Like 1

20 hours ago, MusicManNJ said:

I really wish you were right. But from what I have been privy to I do not think so. I believe the media is now driving this story. Attempts to have the corps/DCI become proactive instead of reactive have fallen on deaf ears. That is why DCI has had to put out press releases to clean up fro previous press releases. This is why I believe Dan A needs to be replaced and more independent directors elected. The corps directors are calling the shots and it all centers on self interest/self preservation not realizing that taking this stance will only make it worse when the stories continue to cascade forth... which they will. Not a matter of if... just when. The effects of a coverup is always worse than that of the original incident.

"I really wish you were right." 

- You've provided no data or information to bolster your perspective or disprove other points of view. 

"But from what I have been privy to I do not think so." 

- Such As...?

"I believe the media is now driving this story." 

- No kidding, that's what the media does.  However, which story are you focusing on, the greater issue, April 2018 YEA, YEA now, Pioneer, or something else?

"Attempts to have the corps/DCI become proactive instead of reactive have fallen on deaf ears." 

- I'm assuming you've been engaged at some level with an organization on this issue.  What did you try to do and how did it turn out so poorly?

"That is why DCI has had to put out press releases to clean up fro previous press releases. This is why I believe Dan A needs to be replaced and more independent directors elected." 

- I'm not a conspiracy guy, I don’t buy that DCI spends a great deal of its time covering its behind to hide the truth.  Again, if you want perfection, inform DCI how they should be doing it or, go down there take a job on DCI's staff and do it yourself.   I love how people think, “Fire This Guy” will solve a problem.  It may solve issues generated by an individual but someone has to fill the void.  The job Dan is doing is a very important one and it needs to be done by someone competent.  We’ve seen the same faulty logic applied on DCP, ref the Madison Scouts.  Regardless, who do you propose should take over the Directorship of DCI?   I don’t understand your “independent directors” comment, can you explain that?

"The corps directors are calling the shots and it all centers on self interest/self preservation not realizing that taking this stance will only make it worse when the stories continue to cascade forth... which they will. Not a matter of if... just when. The effects of a coverup is always worse than that of the original incident."

- This comment appears to bash Corps Directors.  Unless you’ve done the job, you simply don’t have a clue what you’re talking about.  Any thought that Directors only have their personal interest in mind is less than ill-informed.  People make mistakes but that is not an indictment of our activity or the Directors in total.

Our activity is not half-empty, its well over half-full. 

Edited by devsabre
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, MusicManNJ said:

This is why I believe Dan A needs to be replaced and more independent directors elected.

Frustrating for me to see Dan beat up every day, he must be thicker skinned than most. If I were him I would pack it in and look back on a wonderful career.  Bring in some new blood and not change the structure all we have is a name change.

The real pressure needs to be on those that can affect change in the current structure until the structure is changed. The current structure does not need to be an issue. It's the corps directors not working together. Having separate agendas not having their priorities in line with each other. Not having any oversight that pulls them in focus. Adults that are risking their own lively hood because they collectively can't get their #### together. That simple, If a consulting firm does come in that is what they will discover, where does DCP send the consulting invoice for all this common sense we expell?

The focus of the directors needs to be on standardized procedures. Define a process for background checks how far do they go into social media. Strike a deal with a single firm that leverages their economies of scale by banding together. Carve out some common funding that is to be used for a medical staff for all the corps, care for each other for the good of their corps/all the corps/dci/mms and the fans. Directors being just ships in the night contributed to where we are today.

11 minutes ago, Bluzes said:

Frustrating for me to see Dan beat up every day, he must be thicker skinned than most. If I were him I would pack it in and look back on a wonderful career.  Bring in some new blood and not change the structure all we have is a name change.

The real pressure needs to be on those that can affect change in the current structure until the structure is changed. The current structure does not need to be an issue. It's the corps directors not working together. Having separate agendas not having their priorities in line with each other. Not having any oversight that pulls them in focus. Adults that are risking their own lively hood because they collectively can't get their #### together. That simple, If a consulting firm does come in that is what they will discover, where does DCP send the consulting invoice for all this common sense we expell?

The focus of the directors needs to be on standardized procedures. Define a process for background checks how far do they go into social media. Strike a deal with a single firm that leverages their economies of scale by banding together. Carve out some common funding that is to be used for a medical staff for all the corps, care for each other for the good of their corps/all the corps/dci/mms and the fans. Directors being just ships in the night contributed to where we are today.

On Target!  Agree 100% on Dan.  Collaborate, focus on the collective good, protect the members and activity as a whole. 

17 hours ago, garfield said:

Again, DCI would applaud how Cadets have handled their situation and, I'd lay you odds, the DCI BoD would applaud how Dan has handled himself so far.

I think you're confusing what you'd like to see happen with what is actually possible from DCI under the current structure.

YEA! and DCI have different job descriptions; to conflate one for the other is in error regardless of your personal desires.

But maybe not for long...

You may be right. My point is, and has been, DCI has been mishandling the communications on this by not communicating. This may be because of structure. But I am not 100% certain that is the case. Now if the directors are telling DCI not to communicate that would be different and in line with what you suggest. My opinion based on conversations with those close to the situation is that this is at Dan As feet. After all... it was an internal DCI PR person yelling at a reporter.

3 hours ago, devsabre said:

- I'm not a conspiracy guy, I don’t buy that DCI spends a great deal of its time covering its behind to hide the truth.  Again, if you want perfection, inform DCI how they should be doing it or, go down there take a job on DCI's staff and do it yourself.   I love how people think, “Fire This Guy” will solve a problem.  It may solve issues generated by an individual but someone has to fill the void.  The job Dan is doing is a very important one and it needs to be done by someone competent.  We’ve seen the same faulty logic applied on DCP, ref the Madison Scouts.  Regardless, who do you propose should take over the Directorship of DCI?   I don’t understand your “independent directors” comment, can you explain that?

Not looking at perfection. Just looking for competence. 

8 minutes ago, MusicManNJ said:

Not looking at perfection. Just looking for competence. 

...and the inconpetence is shown where exactly?  If you're thinking the Directors work for DCI, that's NOT the case.  If you're thinking DCI can control all the Directors, that's not the case either.  What exactly would you like to see DCI do that would reflect "competence" on this issue?  

*fixed*

Edited by devsabre