NEW DCI Board of Directors

15 minutes ago, devsabre said:

Not true, sometimes sponsorship is association without any funding exchanging hands.  I could have sworn the Marines have Drum Corps and DCI is a Drum Corps organization...Nice try, proof please.  

*spelling*

Think about what you want. FJM sells uniforms pays dci to have their banner shown. So do all the banner companies you see in the back of the field. The Marines pay as well. Where do you think Marine MMs come from. Why did we hear all year on FLO that the Marines and I will take it one step further the Army bands are also sponsors. Were both looking for musicians? Do you not like our military and want to think they are a bunch of freeloaders go right ahead. If you are looking for a copy of the cashed check, oh well.

Edited by Bluzes
typo

1 hour ago, garfield said:

DCI BoD: "Dan, what did the attorney say to do?"

Dan A:  "He said very specifically..."

DCI BoD:  "That makes sense to us.  Do that."

I'm not sure why you connote such mystery to the actual events in this "situation".  It IS at Dan's feet as ED (never suggested otherwise), and he's charged by his BoD.  Is it reasonable to think that, if Dan A's personal opinion is like yours, that it would make sense for him to buck the suggestion of DCI's outside counsel?  What do you think DCI's BoD would say to Dan if he did so without their consultation?

YOURRRRREEEEEEEE FFFIIIIIRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

27 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

Remember Dan is NOT DCI. DCI is the collective corps.

I understand this. He is the representative and mouth piece for the organization (and via this the collective membership... not the individual groups). As such DCI is in charge of communications and dealing with these issues in the media. In my opinion DCI is making things worse not better based on their recent track record. So, if this is the strategy the BoD has imposed on Dan then they share the blame. If this is the strategy Dan suggested and the board approved then same on Dan. If this is the strategy that the lawyers recommended then we all know who to thank if/when this goes south. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bluzes said:

Think about what you want. FJM sells uniforms pays dic to have their banner shown. So do all the banner companies you see in the back of the field. The Marines pay as well. Where do you think Marine MMs come from. Why did we hear all year on FLO that the Marines and I will take it one step further the Army bands are also sponsors. Were both looking for musicians? Do you not like our military and want to think they are a bunch of freeloaders go right ahead. If you are looking for a copy of the cashed check, oh well.

I would not call myself a freeloader so that answers that.  The Marines don't have a recruiting problem. I find it very unlikely the DoD would allow the Marine Corps (or the Navy, by extension) to give a dime to DCI on their behalf.  I guess you don't have any proof, no shock there. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

by people with affiliations hiding behind screen names

Let's not say too much. Don't want me poking a stick at them so they expose themselves. Their just sitting ducks, those with bigger game pieces in this:

"The DCP I Always Need To Be Correct Boardgame"

Will send you a prototype came in handy when DCP was down this morning. 

Edited by Bluzes
typo

9 minutes ago, devsabre said:

I would not call myself a freeloader so that answers that.  The Marines don't have a recruiting problem. I find it very unlikely the DoD would allow the Marine Corps (or the Navy, by extension) to give a dime to DCI on their behalf.  I guess you don't have any proof, no shock there. 

Why is this important to you? I didn't call you a freeloader, said our Military is not a freeloader and did pay for their sponsorship

47 minutes ago, Bluzes said:

The proof is the banners at all the shows alongside FJM and Innovative Percussion and the like, they pay dci for that space, as a sponsorship besides thanking them as the end of the show, its real

TOB had a huge banner there and Allentown...payment $0. you advertise us we'll advertise you

9 minutes ago, Bluzes said:

I

Edited by Bluzes
typo