NEW DCI Board of Directors

2 minutes ago, E3D said:

You two DINO's should be getting along better ---- :united:or then again if one of you is a allosaurus and the other is a ankylosaurus all hell could be about to break loose. :spitting:

you are a very good speller.

1 hour ago, Jeff Ream said:

no it hasn't. And this stuff should have been in place for decades, but it wasn't, just like licensing was ignored.

But they have the stuff in place, and they are working on it and getting better. This is NEVER going to be a smooth process, and ha;f the reports they get are found to be lacking in any kind of substance. They will never hit the grand slam every time because the level of arm chair quarterbacking going on by people "experts" on here, Reddit, Facebook etc expect above perfection in an imperfect world and imperfect topic.

But DCI has coordinated with professionals trained in this thing, and are doing their best to improve it daily. So think of it this way: We see a corps in June, we like it, but man are they dirty. Guess what: they have til August to get it right. DCI has had 5 months and has sorted thru several whistle blower complaints. Some like the Pioneer stuff found valid and they acted fast. Some may have been handled quietly. Some tossed out for being from before DCI existed. Others may still be being researched as some people may be afraid to come forward publicly.

But Good Lord, they are working it, and as we see with Pio...a plan was in place, they found out Pio did violate that and they lowered the boom. I expect genesis to face sanctions soon. One top corps has a main official that worked at YEA for years whose name came up nowhere...fishy when you consider what hell Sean King went thru right?

It'll never be perfect no matter how much you scream about it on here, but I can tell you Dan DOES take this very seriously and is not trying to half ### it. But shrieking monkeys online don't help him get the job done any better or faster, especially with lawyers involved. Lawyers will move at their pace, not the screaming masses pace

really like your post. Please do not get angry about this next sentence. 

One member "had no skin in the game" The other had too much "BUT" :lol:

1 hour ago, MusicManNJ said:

Not  sure what you are referring to but agree Sean King was put through hell, unfortunately. Time will tell on the other stuff. You believe DCI is doing enough and have limited authority to act. And while this is better I do not think they are doing enough. You have your opinion. I have mine. Time will tell.

Justin heimbacher. In many ways he was far closer to the day to day of YEA than Sean was.

I don't believe DCI is doing enough. I believe they are doing their damnedest. 

49 minutes ago, devsabre said:

I love your "enough" comments.  You never seem to point out what would be "enough" or how specifically, all that needs to be done should be done, soup-to-nuts.  I get it, you want more.  Either do more yourself or outline "exactly" what you want to see done.  My main issue with your comments, is that they lack context.  You want to apply a cookie cutter to DCI that YEA has used.  There is a simple reason why that has not happed...it won't work.  

i am amazed he hasnt just dialed up Indy and offered to take over the project for them.

14 minutes ago, E3D said:

really like your post. Please do not get angry about this next sentence. 

One member "had no skin in the game" The other had too much "BUT" :lol:

I got ### to spare

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, devsabre said:

I love your "enough" comments.  You never seem to point out what would be "enough" or how specifically, all that needs to be done should be done, soup-to-nuts.  I get it, you want more.  Either do more yourself or outline "exactly" what you want to see done.  My main issue with your comments, is that they lack context.  You want to apply a cookie cutter to DCI that YEA has used.  There is a simple reason why that has not happed...it won't work.  

I have stated often the communications strategy being implemented is creating more problems than solving. It is not cookie cutter. Just basic crisis communications strategies. YEA has implemented them very effectively. DCI is doing it themselves (and in my opinion poorly). I have been very consistent on this point. 

7 hours ago, cixelsyd said:

Sorry, but no.  You said "How about this, corps that have suspended staff during this season let people know why."  The corps did not quite do that.  They left that task to the reporter.  Only in her report do we ever find out what the guy did.

The release of that Diocesan report was very, very recent. Not defending anyone, but came what 2 weeks ago at best?

13 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

i am amazed he hasnt just dialed up Indy and offered to take over the project for them.

Not interested in taking over any project of DCIs. Just wish they would get, or be allowed to get, proper help in dealing with aspects of the issue. Lawyers are one aspect. But lawyers without a comms strategy can be disastrous. 

3 minutes ago, MusicManNJ said:

I have stated often the communications strategy being implemented is creating more problems than solving. It is not cookie cutter. Just basic crisis communications strategies. YEA has implemented them very effectively. DCI is doing it themselves (and in my opinion poorly). I have been very consistent on this point. 

DCI is being advised by lawyers, and it seems their consistent approach is caution as we have seen on many other things. Like it or not ( and I don't always think it's a good strategy), it's their chosen path. So unless you plan to drop your legal degree and advice on them for a nominal fee, they'll do what they're doing, like it or not.

2 minutes ago, MusicManNJ said:

Not interested in taking over any project of DCIs. Just wish they would get, or be allowed to get, proper help in dealing with aspects of the issue. Lawyers are one aspect. But lawyers without a comms strategy can be disastrous. 

their lawyers have a strategy. You don't have to like it. Not all lawyers are the talking heads on CNN that blurt out facts that get proven to be false later