Bluecoats 2012

Also I should say... I like how the main "Masquerade" melody is thread throughout the show.

Usually corps don't do this and I notice that it is a trend for this year.

Bluecoats and Crown both have an initial melody that returns through out the entire show. Makes the show more of a single package and a continuous piece of music.

They haven't had one since their at-the-time timpanist aged out in '08 ('09?). That kid was hard to beat.

This is how cymbal lines started to get dropped from corps yrs ago, wonder if other corps will will take note and do the same as it's more const effective than using Synthesizers. I assume it's cheaper to have a keyboard than a set Timpani's. Also easier to haul around, less weight.

Same thinking years ago when it came to utilizing numbers, better to have 1 percussionist and suspended cymbals throughout the front ensemble than marching 4+ members crashing cymbals on the field. (side note, I dig cymbal lines, especially SCV)

Just my thoughts.

Wow! I was a little hesitant with the show idea, but that was pretty awesome. My only nitpick is the ballad. It needs to be like a minute longer. I love "Flume" and they somehow don't do it enough justice. It's early, so hopefully it gets more treatment.

I love this show! Some of it has a Connexus or Caravan feel to it to me. Awesome!

The only thing I don't like is the miked trumpet solo about 2 minutes in... That's just crazy to me. It sounds completely unnatural. I don't care how good of a sound man you put on the mixing board, you will never get that trumpet to sound as good miked as you would by him just playing the solo regularly.

The only thing I don't like is the miked trumpet solo about 2 minutes in... That's just crazy to me. It sounds completely unnatural. I don't care how good of a sound man you put on the mixing board, you will never get that trumpet to sound as good miked as you would by him just playing the solo regularly.

Like the show, but yeah, that bothered me too.