Bluecoats 2012

I think this show is great so far. I agree that it loses a little something in the 2nd half, but I really like it. Masquerade is a cool arrangement, and the Bon Iver piece is surprisingly cool. I can't get the euph melody out of my head from after that, I think is the Cirque du Soleil piece? It's good to see they kept their same brass power and style with the new staff. I think this show could do well this year, probably top 5, especially with their great percussion

Haha the pitchy comment is an inside joke. A guy had the nerve to come on here to call Crown young, immature, and completely pitchy.

I've learned you can't have an opinion against Crown because they can do no wrong.

I enjoy the sound of the Bluecoats. That. Is. All. :-)

• Like 1

I'm just going to leave this here.

Edited by mingusmonk
  • Like 1

I'm not normally one to hype on one corps over another, but I just can't stop listening to "Love Dance" from Coat's show (for those of you who don't know which one that is, its the ballad that comes in about 7 minutes into the show). Its one of the most powerful and beautiful things I've heard in a long time. Kudos to the arrangers for doing just enough to make it drum corps without abandoning the intent of the source material, and of course, Kudos to the performers for giving me the first chills of the summer.

I haven't seen anyone talking about BLOOOO on here. What are some thoughts on this season for the Bluecoats?

Came out of the box strong - clean and well prepared - in Akron, at least as I could tell from the theater broadcast. Good luck!

Fred O.

Saw them in Akron ... This is a very good "vehicle" for the Bluecoats this season, and a great staff to drive it all summer long.

Can't wait to see them in Allentown!!!