Best brass line of the 00's

97 members have voted

1. 1. What is the best brass line of the 00's?

• 2000 - Cadets - We Are The Future
    • 2001 - Blue Devils - Awayday Blue
    • 2002 - Cavaliers - Frameworks
    • 2003 - Blue Devils - The Phenomenon of Cool
    • 2004 - Blue Devils - SummerTrain Blues MIX
    • 2005 - Cadets - The Zone (Dreamscapes in Four Parts With a Door)
    • 2006 - Cavaliers - Machine
    • 2007 - Blue Devils - Winged Victory
    • 2008 - Blue Devils - Constantly Risking Absurdity
    • 2009 - Carolina Crown - The Grass is Always Greener...

Cavies 2002 for sure.

That Cavies '02 David Bertman hornline is the cleanest (albeit not necessarily the loudest) hornline I've ever heard. There should be more love for that kind of dedication to musicianship.

• Like 3

That Cavies '02 David Bertman hornline is the cleanest (albeit not necessarily the loudest) hornline I've ever heard. There should be more love for that kind of dedication to musicianship.

Agreed. That whole era from the mid 90s through the early 2000s was unbelievably mature from a musical standpoint for the Cavaliers. Some of the most expressive percussion sections I've ever heard came from those years, not to mention that unmistakeable horn line sound.

• Like 2

Agreed. That whole era from the mid 90s through the early 2000s was unbelievably mature from a musical standpoint for the Cavaliers. Some of the most expressive percussion sections I've ever heard came from those years, not to mention that unmistakeable horn line sound.

that was mostly non-bertman era i thought?

Blue Devils 2007 without even a second thought.

They were okay. But that Cadets horn line was ridiculous that year. But compared to the rest of the lines on this poll, I would say not even close. Even compared to themselves. 2004 and 2005 BD had better lines.

And to compare that line to 02 Cavies which was such an amazing sound (yes coudl have been louder) and then to Crown 2009 which is up there with one of these best lines in the history of DCI.

Which is my choice. 2009 Crown. They were missing 20 people or so at a show down south when the flu was going around that summer, and they still sounded absolutely amazing.

And the last push of Sensemaya with the tubas staged perfectly on the 50 was just amazing. Still gives me chills when I listen to it. I was going crazy at finals. And it still amazes me how they still sound amazing with field coverage they deal with.

• Like 1

Crown '09, no question. I still scratch my head at why that show didn't win.

Ditto a million times.

As much as I HATE to admit it, I had to say Crown 2009 was the best. I was at finals that year and they blew me the F#%K away. HM to my personal favorite though, the hornline I was apart of...2000 Cadets.

• Like 1