Boston adds to already strong management team

Spataro, Zuccala, Heimbecker to lead Crusaders in 2012

The Boston Crusaders and Executive Director Tom Spataro are pleased to welcome Justin Heimbecker to the team. Effective immediately, Justin will serve as Assistant Director of the Crusaders, aiding in management of the corps from top to bottom. A former senior manager at Youth Education in the Arts, Heimbecker brings with him years of administrative and teaching experience from YEA and currently teaches music in Upper Darby, PA.

"I'm honored to join the Crusaders team. From a distance, I've always had great respect for the sense of tradition and pride here. I've recently had an opportunity to learn a great deal about the history and infrastructure of the organization, and I look forward to working with Tom and the entire staff to honor the past, while working to build a very bright future for the Boston Crusaders," said Heimbecker.

"Justin is an invaluable asset to our staff for 2012. He is passionate about the activity, and is widely regarded as a terrific administrator with unparalleled skill and dedication. We are truly fortunate to add him to our team," said Tom Spataro.

Heimbecker joins Bruno Zuccala on the management team, who is returning for his third year as a consultant for the corps. Bruno came to the Crusaders in 2010 and has been instrumental in the corps' on- and off- field growth in his short time on staff.

Working in conjunction with the Executive Director, Heimbecker and Zuccala bring a wide spectrum of experience and knowledge that will help lead the corps to new levels of excellence in the coming years.

Spataro continued, "Being able to trust Justin and Bruno to hold the reins of the corps in my absence will enable me to focus on strengthening the company behind the corps, something essential for the survival of a modern drum corps."

• Like 1

I was actually in the city of Boston today on some non-drum corps business, so I swung by the corps office....never thought I would see the day when the Boston Crusaders have a fully-staffed suite of corps offices complete with a conference room....anyway, It was great seeing the admin staff hard at work and this new addition of an Assistant Director is another step in the evolution of the organization. Congrats Justin!

Boston has long been one of the best run corps in the activity. No offense to the Bluecoats or Crown but I would keep my eye on this corps as a threat to win a title.

• Like 1

I like you're thinking. New England drum corps fans have been waiting for a title since 1980 when a certain Bosotn area corps, now alive only in memory, won everyone's hearts except a few judges. If it happened this year all the better since I'll be in Indy for finals!

Boston has long been one of the best run corps in the activity. No offense to the Bluecoats or Crown but I would keep my eye on this corps as a threat to win a title.

I like you're thinking. New England drum corps fans have been waiting for a title since 1980 when a certain Bosotn area corps, now alive only in memory, won everyone's hearts except a few judges. If it happened this year all the better since I'll be in Indy for finals!

A single VA judge to be exact......