The Edge - Today's the day

I ran out of negative votes today in this thread alone. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

• Like 2

I ran out of negative votes today in this thread alone. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I did that yesterday in the DCI forum. Lol

Wow, there's a max? I didn't know that.

Just for negatives I think. I've been +1'ing people all afternoon and it hasn't cut me off yet. It's my annual "spend the whole day on DCP" day.

darn. I wanted my score to go down.( honestly dont even know what it is.....if it's green, that's a joke)

• Like 1

Wow, there's a max? I didn't know that.

I think its like 4 negatives a day. I could easily do 20 today in this thread. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

• Like 2

Stepz the male dancer was one of the performers I actually found myself agreeing with Stern on.

Clearly the man is a great dancer and clearly he is talented but I did not find myself seeing a whole lot of his dance moves as being cutting edge or truly original. Some were very unique and cool to look at but not earth shattering by any means.

He got two votes to move him on but I suspect when he gets to the Vegas review that he is going to find himself just another good dancer.

• Like 2

I did that yesterday in the DCI forum. Lol

Thats really easy to do over there :)

• Like 1

ya know...this thread makes me realize something:

we drum corps fans get labeled as elitists often by outsiders...and they are right.

folks, never underestimate what the buyiung public will like. Sure, ok a guy gets kicked in the balls...hard.

well Jackass made millions.

Gallaghers claim to fame isn't being funny...he smashed watermelons...and he's sold out Vegas and more time and time again.

I could go on....but you people are trying to judge this like a drumcorps show. it's not a drum corps show.

Its the real entertainment world out there, something drum corps is a very, very, VERY small part of.

And sorry to say, but guys getting kicked in the balls will probably sell more tickets than drum corps ever will

I haven't posted on here on this topic for many reasons, but here goes. I have many friends, colleagues, and students associated with the "Edge".

I only wish that the press releases were saying that "we made a mistake when we brought the group to a place that was not suited for the type of act we are". "We didn't make the show as we were not what the producers were looking for in an entertaining act."

I submit and concur with others that AGT was not the proper venue to show off what this group is capable of, and as a result....basically, they weren't chosen. It just wasn't the proper showcase for thtalent that Edge offers.

Coming out with the "we got screwed by the judges" sounds too much like drum corps. I understand that David did what he thought he needed to do in case any of it was aired. I know David extremely well and believe him to be truthful, but could it be possible that it only SEEMED like they were set up to fail?

Keep pushing ahead...this was a great learning experience for everyone including your fans. Best of luck!

Donny

VERY nicely said Donny, And very true. Look, We agree on something! How times are changing!

Jaybo

• Like 1