The Sea Hawk

I thought you were being too clever for me. Weird works too. tongue.gif

Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something, cause that's a possibility too. thumbup.gif

Assume I'm being weird and you'll be right more often than wrong.

Crap stage combat from Flynn, tho.....give me Rathbone/Power in The Mark of Zorro (1940) any day!

Both Rathbone and Power were trained fencers, Flynn wasn't. If you watch The Adventures of Robin Hood, it clear that the Sheriff could have taken Robin Hood out anytime he wanted...that darned script!

Both Rathbone and Power were trained fencers, Flynn wasn't. If you watch The Adventures of Robin Hood, it clear that the Sheriff could have taken Robin Hood out anytime he wanted...that darned script!

But Flynn looked better in tights running around and climbing than Rathbone. :devil:

Will have to check the level of sword play this weekend when I'm home and can watch Robin Hood. Family dog had surgery this morning and I'll be dog sitting until early next week. Time to catch up on DVD and DVR watching in between carrying the little monster (10 1/2 lbs) outside for potty breaks.

Edited by JimF-LowBari

Both Rathbone and Power were trained fencers, Flynn wasn't.

True, but they both worked in an era where sword skills were part of an actor's skill set -- especially for leads. Rathbone was probably the best swordsman in Hollywood history...his blade control and smoothness is very impressive decades later. Powers was ALSO very good -- Rathbone said he could fence Flynn "into a cocked hat."

Flynn was good by himself, but was no match for Rathbone or Power.

If you watch The Adventures of Robin Hood, it clear that the Sheriff could have taken Robin Hood out anytime he wanted...that darned script!

Yes....Rathbone only won ONE fight on film (Hamlet, I think)...every other time, he played the heavy and HAD to lose!