A request for the Blue Devils

Blue Devils, I love you. I'm not one of those people who hates what you do in this era of drum corps. The innovations and the genius in your shows designs are unmatched, which is why you win so much. Nothing or nobody can take that away from you, You are DCI's most relentless drum corps. Anyone who disagrees is simply either jealous or in denial.

However, I would like to make a request that for one year (this year it's probably too late because the show is already picked) can you just forget about going for the "big win" and do some old Blue Devils straight forward jazz. I know there are elements of jazz in every modern show the Blue Devils do (even in 08 a touch of Gordon Goodwin), but for one year can you do it old school? What do you have to lose? Nothing, you already have 14 titles. Nobody can take that from you. What do you have to prove? Nothing, it's already been proven WITH your 14 titles. You can do what no other corps can do. So, give us all (including you) a breath of fresh air and give it to us old BD fans the way it used to be done...then go back to winning the next 7 years. :thumbup:

All I'm asking is for one year. I would take a 4th or 5th place Blue Devils that hits me like 1986, 1988, 89, 92 or 93. Again, you have nothing to lose or prove and one 4th or 5th place season for some in your face old BD is not going to kill you. I still expect many more wins and many more seasons of "holy crap that's never been done before" innovation (which I DO love also). Take a year and just have fun.

Just a request. You have to do what's best for the Blue Devils organization and I respect that either way. I will say I thought last year (2011) was a step in that direction already. Musically, there was definitely some vintage Blue Devils moments in there. The INTRO... :drool: I'd like to hear even more of it.

Edited by stevedb1975
  • Like 8

I thought BEAT was pretty old school.

City of Glass had roots in the 60's (but it was weird then too!)

You never know....there have been rumors that many corps shows will have sustained bouts of MELODY this year. :thumbup:

• Like 1

I would like to make a request that for one year (this year it's probably too late because the show is already picked) can you just forget about going for the "big win"

I wouldn't put my money on that happening(this year) after last season. I'm hoping for a dark, loud, ######-off show.

• Like 2

They are the Blue Devils. They don't care about fan request or the fans in general; only about winning. So you're request or any like it probably won't be happening any time soon. Not hating on them but it's true and they're really freaking good at it.

• Like 7

Can you imagine the crowd response to a touch of Channel One?

• Like 4

Five star topic!

I agree.