accent marching...just posted selling equipement

You may think more about this than anyone on DCP! :tongue:

I still think way more about cheese, and lately, the Penguin Cam from San Diego SeaWorld.

• Like 2

How about everyone's nine year old skipping elves - skympety doo dah skympety day. Let's save it for hunting season. Then we'll let Elmer Fudd loose to deal with the rest of the yimps. He will miss of cawse, but at least he twied.

RIP Mel Blanc. He's been gone for a while, but not forgotten.

Bad mix of Disney and Looney Toons. Signs of of Drum Corps old age delirium. Oh the horror. How did Joseph Conrad get in this mix?

So, to get this back on track...has there been any new developments with Accent getting back on the ground with rescheduled camp dates?

Despite much of what's been said in this thread, I think most would be enthusiastic about a program that would provide marching training to those who would benefit greatly from it, giving them exposure to drum corps people and perhaps instilling some interest to find out more about drum corps. All this while being affordable and realistically conceived.

Any word on the new sponsorship, which was said to be the reason the camps went on hiatus?

So, to get this back on track...has there been any new developments with Accent getting back on the ground with rescheduled camp dates?

Despite much of what's been said in this thread, I think most would be enthusiastic about a program that would provide marching training to those who would benefit greatly from it, giving them exposure to drum corps people and perhaps instilling some interest to find out more about drum corps. All this while being affordable and realistically conceived.

Any word on the new sponsorship, which was said to be the reason the camps went on hiatus?

Agreed that the concept is awesome, but do you think this particular organization/individual would be able to get this going now that their reputation has been so tarnished?

I mean at this point, as a band director, I would not be willing to let my kids go to Accent's camps until I went and saw one for myself. I'm still willing to see if this works out, but......

> I think most would be enthusiastic about a program that would provide marching training to those who would benefit greatly from it...

I 100% agree with this statement concerning the benefit of a camp situation.

> ... has there been any new developments with Accent getting back on the ground with rescheduled camp dates?

I hope and pray NOT!!!! Credibility, Responsibility, Ethical Issues, etc are extremely important, and they have been shot by these people through Eclipse and Accent!!!

How about everyone's nine year old skipping elves - skympety doo dah skympety day. Let's save it for hunting season. Then we'll let Elmer Fudd loose to deal with the rest of the yimps. He will miss of cawse, but at least he twied.

RIP Mel Blanc. He's been gone for a while, but not forgotten.

Bad mix of Disney and Looney Toons. Signs of of Drum Corps old age delirium. Oh the horror. How did Joseph Conrad get in this mix?

lolwut

Agreed that the concept is awesome, but do you think this particular organization/individual would be able to get this going now that their reputation has been so tarnished?

I mean at this point, as a band director, I would not be willing to let my kids go to Accent's camps until I went and saw one for myself. I'm still willing to see if this works out, but......

The reputation may have taken a hit on DCP, but most parents and a whole bunch of band directors have idea what's been transpiring here.

If this could get off the ground, some successes would help temper any initial bad press someone may find by Googling the name. (And maybe a name change would be advisable in that regard.)

As for directors visiting prior camps to see how they work...I don't see that happening as the camps are geographically spaced all over the country. But here's an idea for the Accent folk: Get directors who attend to see what is going on to give permission to use their quotes as references on the website and for publicity purposes, including their name and school affiliation. Nothing works for directors more than seeing what their brethren as saying about something. That would be one way to convey good word of mouth feedback. If the camps accomplish everything as planned, they should be delighted to include such feedback.

That would create a positive vibe about the events.

The reputation may have taken a hit on DCP, but most parents and a whole bunch of band directors have idea what's been transpiring here.

If this could get off the ground, some successes would help temper any initial bad press someone may find by Googling the name. (And maybe a name change would be advisable in that regard.)

As for directors visiting prior camps to see how they work...I don't see that happening as the camps are geographically spaced all over the country. But here's an idea for the Accent folk: Get directors who attend to see what is going on to give permission to use their quotes as references on the website and for publicity purposes, including their name and school affiliation. Nothing works for directors more than seeing what their brethren as saying about something. That would be one way to convey good word of mouth feedback. If the camps accomplish everything as planned, they should be delighted to include such feedback.

That would create a positive vibe about the events.

Boo: We are in complete disagreement here. It is the huge lack of character traits such as honesty, integrity, responsibility, etc in which the Eclipse/Accent instigators have exhibited that negates them from continuing down this process of doing anything in the realm of the marching arts. Too many adults within the DCI/WGI community formerly listed as staff with Eclipse/Accent have been burned. So, it does not matter if parents, kids, directors, have been on DCP or have heard about what has transpired, the word will get out not to be a part of anything those people try to put together.

> ... has there been any new developments with Accent getting back on the ground with rescheduled camp dates?

I hope and pray NOT!!!! Credibility, Responsibility, Ethical Issues, etc are extremely important, and they have been shot by these people through Eclipse and Accent!!!

It's never too soon to attempt to build good will. Whether such attempts are successful depends on the degree of conviction to making things work as desired.

If there are any developments, I'm sure someone here will bring it to the attention of all, and there are many who are interested in hearing about such news.

No one here wants to witness failure that reflects negatively on our activity. It would be wonderful to observe success that reflects positively. On the other hand, I can only hold my breath for about 90 seconds.

Boo: We are in complete disagreement here. It is the huge lack of character traits such as honesty, integrity, responsibility, etc in which the Eclipse/Accent instigators have exhibited that negates them from continuing down this process of doing anything in the realm of the marching arts. Too many adults within the DCI/WGI community formerly listed as staff with Eclipse/Accent have been burned. So, it does not matter if parents, kids, directors, have been on DCP or have heard about what has transpired, the word will get out not to be a part of anything those people try to put together.

It might be an uphill battle, but I like to believe in the possibility of learning.

Granted; I'm not sure that things learned can be unlearned by those who have been watching things happen. A lot of Bactine needs to be supplied to those instructors who were burned.