accent marching...just posted selling equipement

Yeah I figured it was just a case of folks getting ahead of themselves. I bear no ill will toward anyone involved.

Anyone I can PM for the story? I've always been curious what happened, and I don't want to hijack the Accent thread. :-)

Are you sure you never attended camps and just don't remember it? Lots has happened in the world since 2007. You might have been abducted by aliens since then and had selective parts of your memory erased...at least that's the excuse I always give when I don't remember something.

Ooooh, yeeeeah! It's coming back...

All those little dudes could talk about was '95 Cavies and how much they looooved their uniforms...

I certainly wouldn't go that far, but are you suggesting they should consider Open Class instead?

You're right.

Better to start small, and then build up to dashed hopes and dreams from there.

• Like 3

You're right.

sm-mw2009.020.jpg

• Like 1

You're right.

And better to stay small than be huge one year and gone the next..... <$1 to someone - forget who>

Flashback from RAMD daze discussing a Mini corps....

"Rather be in a last place corps than stay home" <one I actually came up with>

And better to stay small than be huge one year and gone the next..... <$1 to someone - forget who>

Flashback from RAMD daze discussing a Mini corps....

"Rather be in a last place corps than stay home" <one I actually came up with>

Excellent observation. The last place to be is not on the field or in the stands.

• Like 1

Excellent observation. The last place to be is not on the field or in the stands.

At the time I said if anyone made a t-shirt of that, mine would have on the back.

"Last place 1974 DCA Prelims......"

Back story is the year before the corps had been inactive. 8 years later they almost won DCA. Moral: Long (repeat long) term planning might be a better option than one big splash....

Edited by JimF-LowBari

Remember the Hollywood Knights of 1983? There was A LOT of PR about the corps, including sketches of uniforms the staff would be required to wear. They had the backing of a Hollywood producer whom I met at the DCI Annual Meeting. He had very glossy posters he was selling. Members of the corps even were on a Tournament of Roses Parade float. The corps came out and (I don't remember how many shows they were in) lasted just a few days before folding.

Does anyone have the backstory to this? There are a lot of details I no longer remember, and it is probably a fascinating story.

There was also another corps that was going to start up in southern Illinois by the name of Egyptian something. They had bumper stickers at the DCI Annual Meeting and had big plans, but never hit the field. Anyone remember anything about this as well?

Well, I can tell you that as a young man in drum corps in class B in '82, myself and my two close friends were all caught up in the hoopla around surrounding said "Hollywood Knights". "They're gonna make a movie!" etc... We knew they were coming out and were going to be the next big thing. They had chrome Roman helmets and I remember an article talking about how they were gong to have shields that were actually mirrors that they would use for effects to "dazzle" the crowd. Like I said we "knew" these things. So at prelims in McGill stadium in Montreal, we found the point man for the corps and actually bought t-shirts from him. We met him somehow, told him we wanted t-shirts and he said "Really? I'll be back." then he met us in the stands with the shirts a half hour later. They were black sleeved baseball style shirts with the "Hollywood Knights" on them and an airbrushed looking visage of a bunch of horn players playing off into the distance with these big ol' helmuts and shields on the front. We were thrilled. Being 14-15 years old, we wore them everywhere. You see, we were on the front lines of something big! We were ahead of the curve!! Yeah. Then the next year came, and there was a picture of them in Drum Corps World. It looked like there were 12 of them all together and they didn't have any uniforms. Then we found out they folded. Huh.

But we were cool! We had these t-shirts! Of this new corps! That folded. Yeah. Wait a minute. I think I was had! Dangit! Someone took me for a ride!! How dare they!?!

It was a pretty good shirt. I wish I still had it.

Well, I can tell you that as a young man in drum corps in class B in '82, myself and my two close friends were all caught up in the hoopla around surrounding said "Hollywood Knights". "They're gonna make a movie!" etc... We knew they were coming out and were going to be the next big thing. They had chrome Roman helmets and I remember an article talking about how they were gong to have shields that were actually mirrors that they would use for effects to "dazzle" the crowd. Like I said we "knew" these things. So at prelims in McGill stadium in Montreal, we found the point man for the corps and actually bought t-shirts from him. We met him somehow, told him we wanted t-shirts and he said "Really? I'll be back." then he met us in the stands with the shirts a half hour later. They were black sleeved baseball style shirts with the "Hollywood Knights" on them and an airbrushed looking visage of a bunch of horn players playing off into the distance with these big ol' helmuts and shields on the front. We were thrilled. Being 14-15 years old, we wore them everywhere. You see, we were on the front lines of something big! We were ahead of the curve!! Yeah. Then the next year came, and there was a picture of them in Drum Corps World. It looked like there were 12 of them all together and they didn't have any uniforms. Then we found out they folded. Huh.

But we were cool! We had these t-shirts! Of this new corps! That folded. Yeah. Wait a minute. I think I was had! Dangit! Someone took me for a ride!! How dare they!?!

It was a pretty good shirt. I wish I still had it.

In the long run, the t-shirts always end up suffering the most.

• Like 2

In the long run, the t-shirts always end up suffering the most.

Won't somebody please think of the T-shirts!