accent marching...just posted selling equipement

So far, there's nothing I've seen from these guys that I haven't seen from loads of other startups with young founders.... shooting too high, launching too early, a bit of a false start. Not really a bit deal. This happens.

There is something to be said for "stealth mode".... getting your #### together before making it public. Facebook and other social media makes it far to easy and tempting to show the sausage being made.... which is never pretty.

Anyway, seems these guys have been a bit too focused on how they're going to package the bread before they've even harvested the wheat. Rookie mistake, but nothing insurmountable so far, I'd imagine.

• Like 1

They claim that all their dates have been pushed back/selling off equipment due to a "new partnership stating that they must use specified brands for equipment." They also claimed that they would announce who the new partnership was two weeks ago...

:rock:

• Like 3

So far, there's nothing I've seen from these guys that I haven't seen from loads of other startups with young founders.... shooting too high, launching too early, a bit of a false start. Not really a bit deal. This happens.

There is something to be said for "stealth mode".... getting your #### together before making it public. Facebook and other social media makes it far to easy and tempting to show the sausage being made.... which is never pretty.

Anyway, seems these guys have been a bit too focused on how they're going to package the bread before they've even harvested the wheat. Rookie mistake, but nothing insurmountable so far, I'd imagine.

Fool us once (Eclipse) shame on them; fool us twice (Accent) shame on us. I sort of let the "Young Naive" idea slide for Eclipse, but the second time around if they did not have their act together and learn from the first set of mistakes that is a real problem. By the way, why not send this post of yours as an email to all of the "staff" of both Eclipse and Accent who got financially burned because they turned down other gigs on the dates listed on the websites. I am sure that they would be very interested in your assessment.

• Like 3

Once again, let me interject something based on actual experience. I was talking to my kid last night (who is STILL listed on the website as a clinician even after repeated emails asking that his name be removed) who was telling me about the trip he has just missed to New Orleans for the SEC playoffs as pep band member because he was told repeatedly by Accent Marching that there would certainly be a clinic this weekend. I can give people the benefit of the doubt for getting in over their heads, maybe, but what we're talking about here is repeated deception and lies by an organization while continuing to use my son's name (and affiliated drum corps) in their advertising. A leopard does not change his spots.

Edited by dapperpoet
  • Like 9

Once again, let me interject something based on actual experience. I was talking to my kid last night (who is STILL listed on the website as a clinician even after repeated emails asking that his name be removed) who was telling me about the trip he has just missed to New Orleans for the SEC playoffs as pep band member because he was told repeatedly by Accent Marching that there would certainly be a clinic this weekend. I can give people the benefit of the doubt for getting in over their heads, maybe, but what we're talking about here is repeated deception and lies by an organization while continuing to use my son's name (and affiliated drum corps) in their advertising. A leopard does not change his spots.

Really sorry your son is having to deal with all this. I had a similar experience a several years ago with "Mountaineers D&BC" in Roanoke, VA. Fortunately I didn't lose any money/time on it, but my name was on the website for a long time and I couldn't get them to take it off...

Good luck to your son!

I'm sure there's a perfectly good explanation and TMPT82 will be on DCP soon to explain everything, even though he's not affiliated with Accent at all. Really.

• Like 3

"What is Yimp? Tell me tell me if you think you know....."

• Like 1

This all reeks of another person I knew back in upstate NY. He destroyed a corps in Maine, illegaly used a credit card from someone else for "drum corps meetings" at DCE in the 80's. These people have some "splainin' to do!"

Just like the White Star Line's "Rookie mistake" with the Titanic, right. :thumbdown:

• Like 2