Favorite show from 2011 season?

Lol! Noone needs to defend the world champion cadets. You are embarrassing yourself sir.

Hey, I love the show. They should have won. You have no contention from me.

But I watched it probably a good four or five times at regionals, along with all the other corps preceding them. I didn't base my whole judgement on those photos. I just thought they might give a visual aid.

It's my opinion- feel free to disagree, but don't think I'm just trolling.

• Like 2

The DVD came just a couple days ago, so I've been able to refresh myself, and the video of Phantom has the same affect on me as live did (although live is always better, hehe!). Cadets and Cavies are simply mind-blowing visually, enjoying both BD and Crown more with each viewing too, but...

Aside from PR, I'm liking BAC and BK the most. I'd add Bluecoats to that too if only the end wasn't so sudden - rolling along, havin' a great time, and it just - ends. Losing the last minute of Madison kinda kills the build there too.

I got the CD too and find (without the visuals) Madison, BD and Crown have gotten the most play so far. Haven't yet made it disks 3 & 4, but I know there's all sortsa good stuffs waiting for me there :thumbup:

The DVD came just a couple days ago, so I've been able to refresh myself, and the video of Phantom has the same affect on me as live did (although live is always better, hehe!). Cadets and Cavies are simply mind-blowing visually, enjoying both BD and Crown more with each viewing too, but...

Aside from PR, I'm liking BAC and BK the most. I'd add Bluecoats to that too if only the end wasn't so sudden - rolling along, havin' a great time, and it just - ends. Losing the last minute of Madison kinda kills the build there too.

I got the CD too and find (without the visuals) Madison, BD and Crown have gotten the most play so far. Haven't yet made it disks 3 & 4, but I know there's all sortsa good stuffs waiting for me there :thumbup:

lucky..... XD basking in DCI glory. Good thing there were so many good shows this year

Hey, I love the show. They should have won. You have no contention from me.

But I watched it probably a good four or five times at regionals, along with all the other corps preceding them. I didn't base my whole judgement on those photos. I just thought they might give a visual aid.

It's my opinion- feel free to disagree, but don't think I'm just trolling.

I'm going against what I said but...

As I recall at regionals (the performances that you mentioned were the basis of your opinion), The Cadets came in 3rd or 4th in Visual Performance (Which is the onfield judging caption). So your opinion of the Cadets feet during the regionals would fit with the judges opinions at the time. They had, as you would agree, dirty feet.

Allentown Recap

Atlanta Recap

San Antonio Regional

Then you have finals which the Cadets received 1st in the same caption they received 3rd approximately a week before in Allentown.

Finals Recap

The point is that yes, your opinion of the Cadets feet during the regionals is correct, they were not as good as the other corps. Then you have Finals where the Cadets pushed, got their act together and clearly stood out as not only as improved but better than the other corps. And here is where you putting up those pictures and comparing your ideas of the cadets feet from the regionals does not correctly reflect how they performed and placed in FINALS which is the only time they won in the Visual Performance caption all year. So, before finals week, Yes, they were NOT good enough to win feet. At the end of finals week? YES, they improved and did deserve the win in that caption. I mean, corps improve no?

You missed these photos in your google search btw

08_13_2011_cadets.jpg

cadets-2011b.jpg

Edited by charlie1223
  • Like 1

08_13_2011_cadets.jpg

cadets-2011b.jpg

Are you really trying to claim that they actually look good in that second picture? The horn angles are all over the place and they have bad posture. Look at pictures of some Blue Devils and you'll understand why the Cadets should not have won visual.

Edited by Phan89
  • Like 4

Best.....

Visually..... Cadets.

Musically... Blue Devils.

Emotionally... Phantom Regiment.

Surprise package... Boston Crusaders.

Opener... Bluecoats.

Ballad... Boston Crusaders.

Closer... Madison Scouts.

Brass... Carolina Crown.

Percussion... SCV.

Guard... Phantom Regiment.

Pit... Bluecoats.

Solo.... Boston Crusaders.

Field entry... Cadets

FAIL! :doh:

Are you really trying to claim that they actually look good in that second picture? The horn angles are all over the place and they have bad posture. Look at pictures of some Blue Devils and you'll understand why the Cadets should not have won visual.

If you pay attention to the time of day that picture was taken, it indicates it was daylight, which also indicates that picture was taken earlier in the season. OF COURSE they're gonna look like that. But that's neither here nor there. They won visual in the end so that's all that really matters now.

Edited by 2000Cadet
  • Like 1