Physical or mental ailments

*shakes head* Dan, Dan, Dan. Here we go, folks!

I marched in a show once where I swore all the judges were deaf, dumb and blind. Does this count ?

• Like 7

I met Barbara Mahoney at a reception in Jackson in 93. She only had one hand. I don't remember if she had a prosthesis or not, but they would tie her glove to her horn for stability and a lot of people didn't know about her disability'.

She really nailed her solos particularly in 84.

Kevin

Could have definitely been set up better, for sure.

People sometimes get themselves in a craw when we talk about soloists... I can't imagine being someone with a mental or physical disability getting called out like this.

Sorry, I didn't mean it in an offensive way. Yes I do believe I could've worded it better now that I look back at it but I'm just looking for more amazing stories that this activity brings forth. Like Mr. Boo I have a sibling with some conditions that aren't dubbed normal (my brother has autism and my adoptive sister had a birth mother who could've killed her with her behaviors and habbitts before she was born). I mean, amazing already happens in DCI with the shows and triumphs of the corps but seeing even deeper stories of amazing things happening always impresses me.

Again, sorry if this offended anyone.

• Like 5

Not Drum Corps exactly, but Google the Ohio State School for the Blind Marching Band.

The students do full field halftime shows. Their goal is to show the abilities of people with disabilities. They've also marched the Rose Parade in 2010.

I met Barbara Mahoney at a reception in Jackson in 93. She only had one hand. I don't remember if she had a prosthesis or not, but they would tie her glove to her horn for stability and a lot of people didn't know about her disability'.

She really nailed her solos particularly in 84.

Kevin

Her glove was tied around the bottom of her horn in 83. In 84 she had a prostetic claw that gripped the valve cluster.

Her glove was tied around the bottom of her horn in 83. In 84 she had a prostetic claw that gripped the valve cluster.

Allee Davis, the timp player for Court of Honor in the early 00's, is blind.

That's who I meant - I had the wrong corps name (couldn't remember Court of honor)