Demon Ending

As the season neared a close The Cadets, as far as I am aware, prepared the Demon victory finale to their show. Does anybody happen to have any resources or knowledge related to that ending?I heard a podcast featuring George Hopkins where he discussed preparing the ending and why it never ended up happening. I was pretty disappointed when the ending never made the cut. This would be really interesting to learn more about.

• Like 1

If I'm not mistaken, and I could be, the alternate ending was prepared and rehearsed. I need to find the link to the interview but I am so very curious as to what it was like. I desperately wanted to see the demons prevail.

I desperately wanted to see the demons prevail.

who knows, maybe some staff and marchers in Corps that finished below 1st, might be think they did.

Edited by BRASSO

I'd be curious to know just how different the closer would have been. Would it have been the same music, just "demonized" like they did for the ballad? Or completely different drill and music altogether?

Could have been a really cool idea, but wouldn't want to have to learn, rehearse, and clean two different endings.

From my Quarterfinals blog on DCI.org.

<Will the demons ever win, like we were once told? No. According to corps director George Hopkins, people have been experiencing emotions watching this show that would be devastated if the angels didn't win. One man came up to him after a show, in tears, and admitted he was an atheist, but had a profound experience. You can't buy that kind of reaction.

If the demons were to win, some people would be buying torches and pitchforks...>

• Like 1

From my Quarterfinals blog on DCI.org.

<Will the demons ever win, like we were once told? No. According to corps director George Hopkins, people have been experiencing emotions watching this show that would be devastated if the angels didn't win. One man came up to him after a show, in tears, and admitted he was an atheist, but had a profound experience. You can't buy that kind of reaction.

If the demons were to win, some people would be buying torches and pitchforks...>

Oh goodness.. I guess I'm super jaded in my old age... I would like to see the Demon Ending too. devil.gif

The second ending was teased so much early in the season and the idea of not knowing who would win any given night really intrigued me.

Hopkins stated in an interview that it was prepared and everything was ready to go for it.