Interesting DCA Season START

So two years ago when Bucs had more holes at Wildwood than other corps and had members falling on the field during the show and all corps present had complete shows.... That still justified a 5 point spread?

I'm certainly not saying Bucs didnt deserve their success. Your right, they do come to Wildwood prepared. But there are some clear instances when a corps reputation sometimes carries a corps more than their actual performance.

in that case, since the Cabs have easily the best reputation in DCA history, shouldn't they get the benefit of the doubt you claim exists?

• Like 1

So two years ago when Bucs had more holes at Wildwood than other corps and had members falling on the field during the show and all corps present had complete shows.... That still justified a 5 point spread?

I'm certainly not saying Bucs didnt deserve their success. Your right, they do come to Wildwood prepared. But there are some clear instances when a corps reputation sometimes carries a corps more than their actual performance.

It's not necessarily reputation. It's also the complete show design. And I'll go out on a very sturdy limb and say that there are only two current DCA corps that are clearly out in front when it comes to the total package. That may change this year. But for the last 3 years, it's really been about the corps in blue.

YOu're right...it's sooooooo predictable. I mean Bucs won how many in a row...guaranteed lock for finals last year right?

oops.

just checked the scoreas again...no they didn't win.

That's no slam on Bucs. #### good corps. And here's why in your eyes it's so predictable....and has nothing to do with judging:

they come to Wildwood prepared. Few if any holes, whole show on field. No standing still for portions or taking an early penalty. It's not the Labor Day weekend product, but it's #### further along than everyone else. And that's why they win so big so early.

Now, last year MBI came in to Lewisburg in Mid July...had some holes, and had some cleanliness issues. Apparently got great feedback from the judges that weekend and others. They addressed those issues, and came into Finals Weekend with the full corps...and voila.

It's not DCA predicability in judging...it's predicatbility in how Bucs come out ready vs. other corps.

Exactly Right. Bucs have been so much better than every other corps because they have had the complete product (guard, drums, horns, visual, design) every year. MBI was a great corps before last year but they lacked in visual slightly and the design wasnt fully there. They fixed that last year and look what happened.

To me it doesnt seem like corps 3-5 are doing things to get to that next level. I hope this year is different!

It's not necessarily reputation. It's also the complete show design. And I'll go out on a very sturdy limb and say that there are only two current DCA corps that are clearly out in front when it comes to the total package. That may change this year. But for the last 3 years, it's really been about the corps in blue.

THATS THE SECRET!!! Wear blue and you will win! :w00t:

:tongue:

Here is my prediction for Wildwood.

Buccs 78.21

Cabs 73.35

CG 71.10

FC 71.10

WR 65.30

Sun 57.85

Unless the judges step outside the box and do something crazy they have not done mathematically for the past 10 years at Wild Wood.

I am 100% sure that will be the order.

Ill be +/- 2 points in either direction on the scores.

Is Bush in Wildwood this year?

It was easier to predict when Wildwood was the week AFTER DCA weekend!

You could show up with half your corps missing and still wind up with the same placement from finals.

It's also the complete show design.

There is something to be said for that in the judging community. Not so much with the fans.

Most fans are not looking at it from that level. They are looking for clean and entertaining shows.

:thumbup::thumbup:

There is something to be said for that in the judging community. Not so much with the fans.

Most fans are not looking at it from that level. They are looking for clean and entertaining shows.

it's June...who's clean? if you're that clean in June, your design will peak in Mid July.

You go out as clean as you can be, and get feedback on the design...whats working, what isn't. Then, you go and tweak what you may need to, as well as keep cleaning.

See if you've got the skeleton on the field by Wildwood, as you fill in the missing pieces of flesh, you can deep clean as you go. If you're still filling holes, adding show that isn't done, you lose deep cleaning time.

so in essence, say while Bucs or MBI were deep cleaning last year, others will still tweaking and hoping to get to where they could do some deep cleaning.

• Like 2