Just a note to let EVERYONE know that Bobby Bellarosa has been chosen to be a member of The Cadets' Hall of FameIt goes without saying that I am grateful to all of you who made this possible. The recommendations I submitted bordered on voluminous - OK, I'm exaggerating a bit, but there were lots of them.

As you might know, Bobby was elected to The Buglers' Hall of Fame, and also the Brooklyn Drum Corps Hall of Fame. The ultimate objective is to have him as a member of every HoF that our activity sponsors. More later.

In the meantime, here is the Cadets announcement, as noted on their website. A very special thank you to Raymond A. Cappiccelle and Greg Cinzio.

mario

It’s official: It’s now on the Cadet Website:

The Cadets Announce the Class of 2012 Hall of Fame Inductees

Monday, April 30, 2012

Record-number 400 ballots tallied in Hall of Fame vote

There is no more prestigious an organization in drum corps than The Cadets Hall of Fame. There are 43 names listed on the wall in The Cadets office in Allentown, PA and they read like a “who's-who” of the activity.

This year, thanks to the nominations and votes cast by the members of The Alumni Association and the Legacy Committee of the Cadets Hall of Fame, four new members have been voted into the 2012 class of The Cadets Hall of Fame. Congratulations go to:

Gino Cipriani, Brass Caption Supervisor (2000-02, 2005-Current)

Greg Lagola, Colorguard Designer and Choreographer (1989-Current)

George Lucas, Long time volunteer (1980’s-90’s)

Robert Bellarossa, Holy Name Cadet (1948-52)

George Hopkins, Director of the Cadets said in congratulating this year's class, "We thank the members of the Hall of Fame Committee for their hard work in making this process a success. We had 400 votes cast this year, and we are all looking forward to the day when the thousands of members who are Alumni will all participate in this very special privilege."

Hopkins continued, "I would like to personally congratulate the members of the Class of 2012 on their induction to the Hall, all of whom I've had the distinct pleasure to work with over the years and who have made the Cadets what they are today."

This new class for 2012 was announced at the live webinar from the Cadets camp in Woodstown, NJ by Hall of Fame Committee Chairman Eric Santo. Dr. Santo said he was very thankful for the voter turn out. There were over 400 votes this year compared with 300 last.

The induction ceremony will be held at MetLife Stadium in East Rutherford, NJ on August 5 prior to the Tour of Champions Grand Finale. You can purchase tickets to this event atcadets.org/tickets.

All the best,

Greg Cinzio

Just a note to let EVERYONE know that Bobby Bellarosa has been chosen to be a member of The Cadets' Hall of FameIt goes without saying that I am grateful to all of you who made this possible. The recommendations I submitted bordered on voluminous - OK, I'm exaggerating a bit, but there were lots of them.

As you might know, Bobby was elected to The Buglers' Hall of Fame, and also the Brooklyn Drum Corps Hall of Fame. The ultimate objective is to have him as a member of every HoF that our activity sponsors. More later.

In the meantime, here is the Cadets announcement, as noted on their website. A very special thank you to Raymond A. Cappiccelle and Greg Cinzio.

mario

It’s official: It’s now on the Cadet Website:

The Cadets Announce the Class of 2012 Hall of Fame Inductees

Monday, April 30, 2012

Record-number 400 ballots tallied in Hall of Fame vote

There is no more prestigious an organization in drum corps than The Cadets Hall of Fame. There are 43 names listed on the wall in The Cadets office in Allentown, PA and they read like a “who's-who” of the activity.

This year, thanks to the nominations and votes cast by the members of The Alumni Association and the Legacy Committee of the Cadets Hall of Fame, four new members have been voted into the 2012 class of The Cadets Hall of Fame. Congratulations go to:

Gino Cipriani, Brass Caption Supervisor (2000-02, 2005-Current)

Greg Lagola, Colorguard Designer and Choreographer (1989-Current)

George Lucas, Long time volunteer (1980’s-90’s)

Robert Bellarossa, Holy Name Cadet (1948-52)

George Hopkins, Director of the Cadets said in congratulating this year's class, "We thank the members of the Hall of Fame Committee for their hard work in making this process a success. We had 400 votes cast this year, and we are all looking forward to the day when the thousands of members who are Alumni will all participate in this very special privilege."

Hopkins continued, "I would like to personally congratulate the members of the Class of 2012 on their induction to the Hall, all of whom I've had the distinct pleasure to work with over the years and who have made the Cadets what they are today."

This new class for 2012 was announced at the live webinar from the Cadets camp in Woodstown, NJ by Hall of Fame Committee Chairman Eric Santo. Dr. Santo said he was very thankful for the voter turn out. There were over 400 votes this year compared with 300 last.

The induction ceremony will be held at MetLife Stadium in East Rutherford, NJ on August 5 prior to the Tour of Champions Grand Finale. You can purchase tickets to this event atcadets.org/tickets.

All the best,

Greg Cinzio

Congrats to all the inductees ... especially to a very special Bobby BellaRosa (RIP) ... Holy Name Cadet of the Year - 1952!

Andy "... a 'Kid' BellaRosa supporter" Lisko

• 1 month later...

I agree...she belongs there!

That's who I'm nominating next year. Thanks. Ultimate compliment from someone who competed against her.

That's who I'm nominating next year. Thanks. Ultimate compliment from someone who competed against her.

I believe she was nominated other times but doesnt fit in the ctiteria...people dont get in just because they were a member...even an outstanging player.....maybe someone could ask Greg Cinzio although If I remember correctly it was addressed a few years ago..I could be wrong.

She was outstanding for sure

• Like 1

I believe she was nominated other times but doesnt fit in the ctiteria...people dont get in just because they were a member...even an outstanging player.....maybe someone could ask Greg Cinzio although If I remember correctly it was addressed a few years ago..I could be wrong.

She was outstanding for sure

Actually, I think you are right, though I'm not up on what the criteria actually are. Greg would be a good one to ask...or maybe Dave Shaw (onceuponatime on DCP) will see this and comment.