Troopers 2011

2011 Troops was not the necessarily the loudest, but definitely the longest chord that I have ever heard.

Today I was on the fan network and checking out the WC Corps samples. When I watched the Troopers 2011 sample I was impressed with their performance. It has to be the loudest and longest chord I have ever heard. Anyone have any comments or additions?

http://dci.thefannetwork.org/?vod_id=004e9d52-f0dd-47cc-be26-10105a7877d3&mode=viral

Joe

I just found a finals day runthrough video online of Santa Clara's 2009 "Ballet for Martha". The chord near the end is 15 seconds. I saw it live in Arkansas and it had me near tears.

The one thing that was interesting with Troop is that they had no percussion during that final chord! Imagine the volume level they could have put out with the synth cranked up with the rest of the drumline playing loudly. :tongue::thumbup:

on the cd they have some synth over heavy parts

Check out the DeLasalle Oaklands in 1974...the end of their concert number and the end of the show...some pretty hefty lungs in those chords as well...not sure how long they were, but they were pretty long..maybe someone (not me) can do the leg work to find out the longest chord in DCI history...

Not sure where it ranks, but 1980 Madison was pretty long while the DM held up the 1975 Championship banner. :thumbup:

• Like 2

Check out the DeLasalle Oaklands in 1974...the end of their concert number and the end of the show...some pretty hefty lungs in those chords as well...not sure how long they were, but they were pretty long..maybe someone (not me) can do the leg work to find out the longest chord in DCI history...

SCV 2009 - 15 seconds

Troopers 2011 - 24 seconds

There, I started it :tongue:

Just played 1980 Madison closer. Around 20 seconds with the mellos taking it up 1/2 way through to a high G?

• Like 1

The Atlanta performance has troopers holding it out longer than their last one by at least 10 seconds.