Blue Devils or Phantom Regiment?

PhanCademy

(cough) Crown.

I'm glad someone else has got some sense . Crown is going to be the corps to look out for. I heard them triple-tongueing last year and it just blew me away. Go Crown!!!

• Like 1

Heh, Phantom and BD have pretty different styles of playing.

^

crown has a really great hornline, I've always liked their tone a lot Edited by NessTrumpet

While I agree that Crown's hornline is basically on a totally different level than their competitors, this isn't a "best overall hornline" thread. This is just between PR or BD.

• 2 weeks later...

Crown's sound is not a match for Phantom.

Neither is BD!

Imo, Bluecoats have the best sound!

On a tech view, I would have to say Cadets most years or BD.

But Phantom vs. BD.

Phantom has the balance, music, and passion.

BD has the high end, most notes, and high level of training.

• Like 1

I'm glad someone else has got some sense . Crown is going to be the corps to look out for. I heard them triple-tongueing last year and it just blew me away. Go Crown!!!

I want to know how they get three tongues in that little mouthpiece.

And do the members get to choose who else tongues with them?

Do the parents have to sign off on that?

:tongue:

Umm...Phantom...by a mile and a half.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I would take BD's tubas and replace them for Phantom's tubas, then Phantom will be the best IMO, I just never liked Phantom's tuba sound even though I have always loved Phantom

Really? I'm of the opposite opinion. I love Phantom's tubas. BD's tubas just don't speak to me as much as Phantom. To each their own thoughsmile.gif

Really? I'm of the opposite opinion. I love Phantom's tubas. BD's tubas just don't speak to me as much as Phantom. To each their own thoughsmile.gif

The two best tuba lines tonight in Allentown were Devils and Phantom. No one else is close, not even Bluecoats. Phantom has a pretty slick tuba feature, but Devils have a better book and play it at a higher level.

Overall brass, Devils are remarkably better, though I very much enjoyed Phantom, especially Nessun Dorma.

The two best tuba lines tonight in Allentown were Devils and Phantom. No one else is close, not even Bluecoats. Phantom has a pretty slick tuba feature, but Devils have a better book and play it at a higher level.

Overall brass, Devils are remarkably better, though I very much enjoyed Phantom, especially Nessun Dorma.

I actually like Bluecoat's tuba section better than Devils. Just my opinion, but I thought Bloo's tubas sounded a lot fuller and had much more presence than Devil's, both of which are essential to a tuba section in my mind. Phantom? Well... they're just Phantom. Loud, in your face tuba section.