Coolest ### Names:

Phantom Regiment Drum & Bugle Corps

Velvet Knights Drum & Bugle Corps

Blue Devils Drum & Bugle Corps

Worst Names:

Fishing Sucks Drum & Bugle Corps

Lost Soul of the Yak Drum & Bugle Corps

Why Didn't You Pay Your Taxes Drum & Bugle Corps

Add the Lansing Boils to the worst name list.

SCDreamer

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, new uniforms for the new, um, Thing? Nope. Make do with what we have. And that meant some parts of the corps wore the green, plaid Scottish kilts of the St. Patrick Imperials and other corps sections wore the dark blue and red cadet-style uniforms of the Thunderbolts. Close your eyes and imagine. A visual clash in style and color.

IIRC, the drumline and rifles wore the green, white and black plaid of St. Patrick's, and the brass and flags wore the red, white and blue of the Thunderbolts.

SCDreamer

All time WORST : Spirit of Jacksonville State University....just say Spirit

Actually, the name is Spirit Drum & Bugle Corps. Check the website.

Spirit Drum & Bugle Corps

BTW, the original name suggested for the Corps in 1976 was "Concourse", but everyone thought it sounded like something at the airport, so a contest was held to name the Corps.

• 2 weeks later...

El Guapo mentioned The Fresno Ferns: a fine example of a bad corps name.

You would think that alone would have tipped off Harvey Berish and the "old" Drum Corps World, eh?

Ah, but then I DID begin my association with drum corps by marching in "THE ANTLERS," an Elk's Club sponsored little parade corps in Van Nuys, CA during the early 60s.

RON HOUSLEY

Listening to The

Fresno Ferns arrangement

of "Felix The Cat"

Hate to go down with a Canadian corps, but never did like the name Dutch Boy.... only thing worse is the Cadets of Dutch Boy.

Like the corps, hate the name.

Did anyone else ever find themselves making fun of the name "Les Etoiles". It sounds funny when pronounced phoenetically and sounds like a dirty phrase when pronounced correctly. Maybe it's just my dirty mind. :rolleyes:

...and then, of course, there was the SPAMTOWN LANCERS, sponsored by Hormel of Austin, Minnesota.

And contrary to popular belief, in my research, I can find no record of the Hormel All-Girls Drum and Bugle Corps that Jay Hormel himself organized in the late 40s, the first all female corps to compete in national competition, ever being officially called "The Spam-ettes."

RON HOUSLEY

Edited by ffernbus3

Did anyone else ever find themselves making fun of the name "Les Etoiles". It sounds funny when pronounced phoenetically and sounds like a dirty phrase when pronounced correctly. Maybe it's just my dirty mind. :rolleyes:

lol! it sort-of sounds like the french version of "the toileteers" :)