SoCal Dream tough decision for 2012

On May 26, 2012 Dream Association of California Board of Directors and So Cal Dream Drum & Bugle Corps Management had a tough decision to make for the 2012 season. To ensure the corps financial stability and longevity, it was decided to stay home and compete in the Drum Corps International Pacific Region, and forgo the Drum Associates Championships.

Also The Board of Directors have decided to lower the fees for this season. Horns and Percussion your fee is now $600.00 Guard your fee is now $500.00 This also includes the cost of your Hotel Room for the Northern California trip.

The corps needed to be more community based by performing in more parades and local events. Plus push on our recruit efforts through-out the Southern California region.

• Like 1

You guys have been around since 2004 and you don't stay around by making stupid decisions.

I think this is very smart of you guys to go inactive with DCA this season.

Good luck and hope to see you back soon

You guys have been around since 2004 and you don't stay around by making stupid decisions.

2002, actually...but yeah, much as it hurts not to go, it's better for the org to NOT make that huge and expensive trip if doing so hurts in the long run.

One reason we didn't go back as a full corps in 05 (although we sent a mini corps) was due to the financial hit when our equipment truck threw a rod on the way home from 04. Getting it home from the midwest cost a bundle, and taking the whole corps back in 05 after making those repairs would've severely damaged it.

I may disagree with Nash on a lot of stuff, but I DO agree with him on this decision.

Sounds like a rock solid fiscally responsible move. Plus, with the wisdom of entrenching and focusing the organization within the community and immediate area is something that money will never buy.....another sound decision.

smart move to make for the big picture. we'll await your return!

This was most definately a hard decision to make, but was truely the only logical choice. We will definately miss being on the field in Annapolis and we wish all of the DCA corps a fun and successful season. We will still be on the field performing at DCI shows in California. So if you are out here, come see us and stop by and say hi.

The trip to DCA championships is always a special for us and DCA has the greatest corps in the country. We have been a part of it in the past, and look forward to our return in the future.

....One reason we didn't go back as a full corps in 05 (although we sent a mini corps) was due to the financial hit when our equipment truck threw a rod on the way home from 04......

Yeah that is usually what happens when you downshift from 4th to 1st getting off the freeway.

That stinks that you will not be at DCA this year, but I commend you for making an intelligent, yet difficult, decision for the future of your corps. When I was with Heat Wave back in 2006, we met MANY Dream folks and had an absolute blast.

I look forward to seeing you on the field...at DCA (Unless I go to Cali)...again.