Blue Knights Show 2012

The show is coming along quite well. There's a lot of work still being added. This show is very "high energy". There have been a few injuries but that's what happens with a physically demanding show, the kids are excited because they know they’re doing a show that will definitely be different than anything BK has ever performed.

Sully is still busy tweaking out and adding more of his genius to this show; he had an idea and is going with it using some beautiful and innovative moves. This show is going to be one of those that you’ll need to watch a few times to really get it. Like so many shows that make you raise an eyebrow the first couple of times you'll see it, when it does come together, I think you’ll smile and say aha, I understand and can see. Hardimon is on top of his game, listen to the video working his magic, ahhh yes!

If you’re looking for a show like last year’s “An English Folk Song Suite” you won’t find it this year. Although I loved last years’ show, I’ve had to move on and see BK once again stepping up to the plate with a new, fast paced, colorful and creative show.

There are always folks that don’t like change, so they may not like the show; but take a look at the innovation that is being presented here, it’s very original.

The guard costumes are going to be outstanding--not just figuratively but literally. They aren’t going to be complete until competitions in CA. The uniforms and the guards’ performances will be the icing on the cake. This is the full package. Guard is going to come out performing some remarkable moves,they really complete the package. It’s going to be a great year for drum corps, let the shows begin. And remember it is June; a lot can happen in the next few weeks. :lle:

Edited by Tricia-A BD/BK Mom
  • Like 2

Is that just a really long pre-show?

Yes, I believe where the battery enters is the beginning of the show

• Like 2

Well, I must say my first reactions was, "ouch." Then my second was "ouch." My third was...well,.."ouch."

Want all corps to be successful and members have great experiences, but...

• Like 2

Well, I must say my first reactions was, "ouch." Then my second was "ouch." My third was...well,.."ouch."

Did you cut yourself...:) All seriousness what? What are you referencing?

Wp

Edited by wesleyrp
  • Like 1

This is a demanding show, but this is what you can do when you retain membership, which has been their goal....yes ALOT to be cleaned and polished, but it is not even the first competition yet. They are in good hands.

• Like 1

This is a demanding show, but this is what you can do when you retain membership, which has been their goal....yes ALOT to be cleaned and polished, but it is not even the first competition yet. They are in good hands.

Indeed, all indications are that this is the strongest horn line, perc and guard they've had in quite a while! They're stronger than a year ago but the demand of the show as stated above is far bigger than the past few seasons! This is gonna be a corps that won't peak early and will get stronger and stronger as the season goes! Just listen to the tempos and it will tell u the type of stamina needed to perform this show... It's gonna be epic

WP

• Like 2

Blue Knights 6/16/12.

I saw this performance. I was quite impressed.

This show is different from the "normal" BK show. Much more dancing by the hornline. And then there's the sci-fi element in conjunction with the Firebird Suite. Depending on how well they tighten up their performance and on how well the other Corps do, this show could get BK into the top five.

I am really looking forward to Drums Along The Rockies.

• Like 2

Indeed, all indications are that this is the strongest horn line, perc and guard they've had in quite a while! They're stronger than a year ago but the demand of the show as stated above is far bigger than the past few seasons! This is gonna be a corps that won't peak early and will get stronger and stronger as the season goes! Just listen to the tempos and it will tell u the type of stamina needed to perform this show... It's gonna be epic

WP

They are also helped by new members like my son.

He switched from clarinet to horn/mello after his sophomore year in high school because he wanted to be a member of BK. Three years later, after his freshman year in college, he felt he might be good enough to get an invite. He was. He plays mello as good as others who have been playing brass their whole lives and he marched in a very good marching band in high school. That being said, he also worked his butt off in all days to learn the Corps ways...and all that dancing. LOL!!

With rookies like him in the Corps...along with the veterans...I think BK is poised to do great things this year and on into the future.

Did you cut yourself...:) All seriousness what? What are you referencing?

Wp

WP, your support and encouragement of your home corps is admirable. To answer your question, I do not know any aspect of the performance in the video to which I would not say "ouch."

Plainly put, the design and performance, at this juncture in time, in extremely rough. I do wish them the best of experiences with this show.

• Like 1