So I've seen Boston and SCV practice a lot already...

And may I say they are both doing great.

Boston had quite a few holes still, (kids were still on their way to California) but their sound was rich and exciting. This will be a GREAT show musically. Quite possibly my favorite music from them since the 2000 season.

SCV? Wow. They are doing the planets- so what else do I need to say? They sound incredible.

Needless to say, I'm excited!

• Like 6

And may I say they are both doing great.

Boston had quite a few holes still, (kids were still on their way to California) but their sound was rich and exciting. This will be a GREAT show musically. Quite possibly my favorite music from them since the 2000 season.

SCV? Wow. They are doing the planets- so what else do I need to say? They sound incredible.

Needless to say, I'm excited!

With info so sparse, thanks for that feedback from what you saw and heard and your personal take on these 2 Corps.

With info so sparse, thanks for that feedback from what you saw and heard and your personal take on these 2 Corps.

Sorry- what else would you like to know?

I went to SCV's practice last night and they were working on drill- the ENTIRE 2 hours I was there- the drum line played, but I didnt hear the brass play a note. Thought I would spare that info in my original post. The first time I saw them they did a stand-still before working on drill.

Sorry- what else would you like to know?

I went to SCV's practice last night and they were working on drill- the ENTIRE 2 hours I was there- the drum line played, but I didnt hear the brass play a note. Thought I would spare that info in my original post. The first time I saw them they did a stand-still before working on drill.

What you shared was appreciated. How far along are the Corps in their drill ? Have they both finished their show, or close to it, yet ?

Boston and SCV were actually rehearsing at the SAME venue at Fresno, and I think their move-in schedules there overlapped by about a week and a half or so. I'm assuming that's where the OP caught them rehearsing (which is VERY cool, btw...). BAC has since moved on to Folsom, and I think SCV is still in Fresno as of now...

but hey, I'm in Maine, so I really couldn't be further from either of them... :tongue:

I am really loving the shared rehearsal space and everything. We really do appreciate these other corps coming to play for us! Thank you Boston Crusaders and Phantom Regiment for coming to play for us!

• Like 2

I am really loving the shared rehearsal space and everything. We really do appreciate these other corps coming to play for us! Thank you Boston Crusaders and Phantom Regiment for coming to play for us!

I saw Boston practicing at Fresno State a couple of weeks ago- so they didn't have the closer ready to go. Their opener is pretty sweet, they start in four corners and it's a gradual build. GREAT familiar music- very Phantom esque

SCV is at Sierra High school- about 35 minutes from Clovis- which is their 1st show. Amazing rehearsal site- is there any way I can share a picture? (Not sure How)

SCV is still working on the drill for the end of the show- so they are not completely done either (I think...)