Season 18 Discussion Thread

Lakers, Lights, & Swingers had the day off to add some visuals to their shows. Also, an organization picnic to get to know their brothers & sisters. The staff was subjected to water fights and I'm still getting the water out of my ears.

Clean sweep for Forward Dynamics in Jenison, MI. :thumbup:

Today's events

Tennessee Nipples head up a small but hearty contingent of corps facing the southern heat in Bossier City LA.

BossierCityLABossierCityHS5000.jpg

Eastern corps travel to Norfolk VA's Todd Stadium for today's event in Chesapeake VA.

ChesapeakeVAToddStadium10000.jpg

Today's event in Calumet City, originally scheduled to take place at Gately Park Stadium on the south side of Chicago, has been relocated to Toyota Park in Bridgeview IL, due to both the high volume of corps in attendance and the fact that an MLS stadium is going to be an infinitely better venue than a small high school stadium in a creepy neighborhood.

ChicagoILToyotaPark20000.jpg

• Like 1

Just two events today.

Midwest corps follow up yesterday's smashing time in Chicago with a stop in northwest Indiana. For the first time in a few seasons, we're returning to the "split venue" format for tonight's event in Crown Point IN. World Class corps will be in action at Crown Point HS while Open Class and Class A corps compete at Chesterton HS just over the county line. This venue was strongly recommended by DCI's own Michael Boo and should be an outstanding venue, so be sure to thank the Boo Tiger if you see him online :wink:

CrownPointINCrownPointHS6000.jpg

ChestertonINChestertonHS6000.jpg

West coast corps have a date with destiny at Buchanan HS in Clovis CA as they work their way up to the Bay Area.

ClovisCABuchananHS8000.jpg

The atmosphere on Euphony Empire's buses after last night's show was nothing short of spectacular. The corps achieved its first ever second place finish at the Chesapeake show with a score of 71.215. This time last year the organization didn't even exist, and I don't think any of the kids or staff expected to be doing this well.

Today's events, as everybody tries to beat the heat.

West coast corps will be chilling out at Johansen HS in Modesto CA:

ModestoCAJohansenHS5000.jpg

East coast corps will be slummin' it at Salem Stadium in southern VA:

SalemVASalemStadium7000.jpg

Southern corps will be kicking up their heels at Antioch HS, on the outskirts of Nashville TN:

NashvilleTNAntiochHS4000.jpg

A pair of events in the Bluegrass region today, as the venerable Reitz Bowl in Evansville IN shares hosting duties with the relatively new Collins HS in Shelbyville KY.

EvansvilleINReitzHS10000.jpg

ShelbyvilleKYCollinsHS3000.jpg

Two major events today.

West coast corps march into Hornet Stadium in Sacramento CA tonight. In the meantime, the DCPI crew is already on-site performing field tests on the lights to ensure that they're in working order.

SacramentoCA3.jpg

Meanwhile, everybody and their monkey's uncle will be at Papa John's Cardinal Stadium in Louisville KY.

LouisvilleKYCardinalStadium60000-1.jpg

Important to note that today is the last day before limits on caption changes go into effect. Additionally, tomorrow brings the first long-awaited point increase, which should help increase what have been some slightly stagnant scores as of late.

I think the biggest thing stagnating scores is that we haven't had a real stretch of full judging panels. Or I may just be whining just to whine. :tongue:

I can agree with that. And I'm still at a loss to explain how west coast shows get to have a full slate of judges when everywhere else in the country has a restricted panel each night.