Academy 2012

Not sure if anyone started a topic for Academy but I am listening to them right now and it is the rich Academy sound I came to adore last year again this year!

Edited by Pat61
  • Like 2

Not sure if anyone started a topic for Academy but I am listening to them right now and it is the rich Academy sound I came to adore last year again this year!

Loving the arrangement of Rite of Spring, I'm sure when they have their full hornline and perc. section that first impact will blow us away like last years, can't wait to see this! :thumbup:

• Like 2

Wow! Can't wait to see the visual package to go along with this! If it matches, look out!

thumbup.gif

• Like 1

Loving the arrangement of Rite of Spring, I'm sure when they have their full hornline and perc. section that first impact will blow us away like last years, can't wait to see this! :thumbup:

Ditto!! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

• Like 1

I was there and hooooooly schmidt :drool: ...that video does NOT do it justice.

3:01-3:09 ... oh man is that the new Academy 'schtick?' :w00t: The triplet runs? It sounds just like last year halfway through the opener! Diggin' it man

Edited by Barifonium
  • Like 2

I'm really looking forward to seeing Academy this summer. I've always had a lot of respect for the organization, and now with Ike at the helm of the percussion program I'm very excited to see where things go. It helps that I have a student marching there.

• Like 2

VERY nice and rich sound from the Academy brass in this clip, imo.