Cavaliers in Trouble?

The Cavaliers are folding next week, didn't ya'll hear???

Edit.. Sorry forgot the tongue.gif

Take a week off of DCP and I lose my touch... rolleyes.gif

Edited by kickhaltsforlife
  • Like 3

Cavaliers had many issues this year. But they still came off entertaining to quite a few. In fact their little "dub step" thingy at the end got quite the crowd reaction. It was actually the only thing they visually performed together all year. Although I hated every second of it.

They aren't in trouble. They'll be back competing for a title before we know it. The biggest thing I'm worried about it that they couldn't march their drill and the horns had a lot of issues all season long. I know there has been a lot of praise for their caption head on here. But I don't know about that. Yes they are certainly louder than they used to be, but the quality sure has been lacking. They still have some nice moments, but there are a lot of harsh sounds that need to be squashed by the horn staff. They are lucky they have talent, that's all I'm gonna say.

I'm still trying to decide what was the bigger problem this year, performance or design. I mean they couldn't march that drill... it was quite hard. Gaines was great at wowing us with actual easy to march drill moves, and really smart staging, and really not much running going on while playing. Their drill this year was good, but hard. Hard to sound good while marching, especially since they were not marching their technique well in the first place.

I don't know. My eyes and ears were just in disbelief. They'll get their #### together though. I hope. I really did not like the show. Drums were killer though...

• Like 4

Cavaliers had many issues this year. But they still came off entertaining to quite a few. In fact their little "dub step" thingy at the end got quite the crowd reaction. It was actually the only thing they visually performed together all year. Although I hated every second of it.

They aren't in trouble. They'll be back competing for a title before we know it. The biggest thing I'm worried about it that they couldn't march their drill and the horns had a lot of issues all season long. I know there has been a lot of praise for their caption head on here. But I don't know about that. Yes they are certainly louder than they used to be, but the quality sure has been lacking. They still have some nice moments, but there are a lot of harsh sounds that need to be squashed by the horn staff. They are lucky they have talent, that's all I'm gonna say.

I'm still trying to decide what was the bigger problem this year, performance or design. I mean they couldn't march that drill... it was quite hard. Gaines was great at wowing us with actual easy to march drill moves, and really smart staging, and really not much running going on while playing. Their drill this year was good, but hard. Hard to sound good while marching, especially since they were not marching their technique well in the first place.

I don't know. My eyes and ears were just in disbelief. They'll get their #### together though. I hope. I really did not like the show. Drums were killer though...

You have answered your own questions. If they are marching really hard drill (and not achieving it) , then it will show up in how they play. Pretty simple.

You have answered your own questions. If they are marching really hard drill (and not achieving it) , then it will show up in how they play. Pretty simple.

even when Gaines wrote the drill the past couple of years it hasn't been the greatest IMO. Louder... yes, what we all wanted. But don't sacrifice the quality. I remember 2009 being really rough. 2010 probably the best in recent years. 2011, it was okay but still lots of issues. 2012 I didn't enjoy the brass performance at all. Yes some of that has to do with not achieving the drill. But Crown managed to sound great for the most part, minus say the set before the last hold, and I wouldn't call what they did exactly achieving the drill.

All this talk about the Cavaliers being in trouble is absurd. Even the best corps has an "off" season now and then. To say the Cavaliers were in trouble by placing as high as they did in finals is just plain silly. Many corps would love to wind up in finals as high as the Cavaliers did. I am certain they will be back in top form by next summer with a very competitive as well as entertaining show as always.

• Like 3

All this talk about the Cavaliers being in trouble is absurd. Even the best corps has an "off" season now and then. To say the Cavaliers were in trouble by placing as high as they did in finals is just plain silly. Many corps would love to wind up in finals as high as the Cavaliers did. I am certain they will be back in top form by next summer with a very competitive as well as entertaining show as always.

Kinda beat me to it.

I haven't cared for Cavies shows the last couple of years, but if being in trouble means being a DCI finalist, I'll take that kind of trouble every day of the week.

Their drill wasn't as hard as it usually is. One of the horn sergeants described it as being (drill wise) the easiest show he's marched yet. Gaines drill was no joke. We were always taught to make everything look easy. It seems to have worked well.

• Like 2

1345099374[/url]' post='3206963']

Their drill wasn't as hard as it usually is. One of the horn sergeants described it as being (drill wise) the easiest show he's marched yet. Gaines drill was no joke. We were always taught to make everything look easy. It seems to have worked well.

This response is a joke. I don't believe Caleb or Travis said anything like this.

The drill this year was on the verge of unreasonable.... The proof can be in the injuries and in the sound of the hornline. They simply could not march AND play the show. Watch it on video, these guys run! Compare that drill to bluecoats or Santa Clara.

• Like 5