DCI Essentials Blu-Ray

Obviously, in the theater, they promoted a Blu-ray of a few selected championship shows. Any word on a release date? Nothing on DCIs website, is there any insight as to whether it is worth owning, or was it just a transfer to a Blu-ray disc? Any insight would be appreciated.

Remixing into "artificial" 5.1 surround would not be enough for me to justify owning and if they have the .05 second cut-off after the last note of the show I will not be purchasing either.

bigger question, how did Blue Devils 07 make the cut and PR 08 did not?

Or, for that matter, how do you include 2000 Cavies but not 2000 Cadets?

On the other hand, it might be worth it just for the remixed 1996 Regiment. I still maintain that the original 1996 DVDs were mastered by someone with a severe ear infection.

Edited by jthomas666
  • Like 2

On the other hand, it might be worth it just for the remixed 1996 Regiment. I still maintain that the original 1996 DVDs were mastered by someone with a severe ear infection.

True! 2000 cadets is the epitome of what drum corps should be.... cavies weren't bad either though :)

True! 2000 cadets is the epitome of what drum corps should be.... cavies weren't bad either though :)

What is everyone talking about?

• Like 1

Defiant Heart didn't sound especially better when they played the preview at the theater, which is a true shame. It's one of my favorite shows but I didn't get to see it live, so that's the only way I've heard it.

here's what they are talking about:

http://www.dcistore.org/Preorder-Essentials-Champions-Blu-ray/productinfo/BRD12ESSENT/

$59

Description:

Pre-order today!

Drum Corps International presents the all new Essentials Collection- Champions Blu-ray disc. See and hear legendary performances like never before with all new audio remastering to 5.1 surround from the original stereo recordings and video up-conversions to High Definition. This exciting new collection utilizes cutting edge technology to create the definitive highest quality possible from the original source materials.

DTS HD Master Audio Lossless 5.1

AVC@26 MBPS

Original television aspect ratio preserved

Featuring:

1973 Santa Clara Vanguard (previously unavailable performance from historic Warhawk Stadium in Whitewater, Wisconsin.)

1975 Madison Scouts

1984 Garfield Cadets

1986 Blue Devils

1989 Santa Clara Vanguard

1991Star of Indiana

1994 Blue Devils

1996 Phantom Regiment

1999 Blue Devils

2000 The Cavaliers

2005 The Cadets

2006 The Cavaliers

2007 Blue Devils

Product is scheduled for shipment in late July, 2012.