Inside BD 360 trailer

Though I have not seen the video (since it was taken off), after reading all of these comments I'm just going to say that instead of disgusted I'm rather intrigued. BD if you think you're so tough then show me that you can do what you say you do.

In case you missed it earlier....and you probably did...http://dci.thefannetwork.org/?ensemble_id=5899&vod_id=23e8ac43-ffc9-4c7a-90f1-979ad41ead91&mode=viral

Not removed, simply moved to a different location.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled over-reaction, already in progress...

This video is now gone from the FN as well...Just a little more than moving I presume...

I was more taken aback by how the narrator said Concord, with emphasis on both syllables instead of more on the first. I always heard pronounced CONKerd. Not big deal, but that is what I got.

The slightly cocky intro didn't bother me....because it is essentially fact. There is nothing wrong with doing what you do in order to win. Whoever made the comment about them being more interested in winning than in actually being good was respectful in that opinion, but I think missed the point of the rest of that statement. It is just a motivational tactic, used all over the place. That is how champions stay champions. The perception that you are an underdog and that you have something to prove has been used everywhere.

That said...I can't tell you how annoying it is to hear a rapper or a wide receiver or a hockey player or boxer or whoever throwing out the "I have been disrespected" statement when literally noone has done anything close to that. Devils are dangerously close to that with this Episode 1 video. That is not what they said, but it is darn close.

I'll bet you that at least one production meeting for this involved that sort of thing being thrown out by the powers that be.

In the end, all the statements made by members and staff were great. Its just the narration that needs to be watched.

Hey "annoying narration"? Where have I heard that before?

• Like 4

Attitude doesn't equal real life.

Surf works just as hard to strive for perfection, but won't even make finals. Is this a more accurate representation of what life is like in the real world? Or do you just expect to win every year?

Life is competitive.

The whole point of the video is summed up in a single statement from the extended version ... "the painful recognition of one's own shortcomings".

If you watch the entire video, not the trailer, there is an entirely different tone... it is about 2 back to back undefeated seasons creating an unfounded sense of invincibility, that they we brought back to reality a bit, that they had taken themselves a bit too seriously.... hence the whole motivation for the Da Da concept. It also set up the fact that they have a lot of current vulnerabilities... loads of age outs previous season, young corps, several injuries sidelining members, including guys like center snare, etc.

Watch the whole thing... a different vibe than the intro.

• Like 6

I was more taken aback by how the narrator said Concord, with emphasis on both syllables instead of more on the first. I always heard pronounced CONKerd. Not big deal, but that is what I got.

Around the East bay the pronounciation is usually conKERD

Around the East bay the pronounciation is usually conKERD

well there ya go...Do they save vanGUARD as well ;)

well there ya go...Do they save vanGUARD as well ;)

They don't say it in ConKERD very much, if that's what you're asking. :devil::ph34r:

Ok, contest time. Pick a corps, any corps, and provide the written dialogue for their promotional video and post it here. Me, I choose Pioneer. Will be working on it over the weekend.

You need look no further than a lot of the promo videos done by your own Phantom Regiment.

And, you're right about 1977, IMO. That way-out-of-tune contra blast toward the end of Channel One Suite is a prime example. They were so sharp you could cut cheese with it...which is kinda how it sounded, now that I think of it.

Garry in Vegas