Stanford Live!

FTA:

This new, irrational art movement would be named Dada. It got its name, according to Richard Huelsenbeck, a German artist living in Zurich, when he and Ball came upon the word in a French-German dictionary. To Ball, it fit. “Dada is ‘yes, yes’ in Rumanian, ‘rocking horse’ and ‘hobby horse’ in French,” he noted in his diary. “For Germans it is a sign of foolish naiveté, joy in procreation, and preoccupation with the baby carriage.” Tzara, who later claimed that he had coined the term, quickly used it on posters, put out the first Dada journal and wrote one of the first of many Dada manifestoes, few of which, appropriately enough, made much sense.

Read more: http://www.smithsonianmag.com/arts-culture/dada.html#ixzz1ygcpcDvD

Dada

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Idi_Amin

Idi-Amin-Dada-9183487-1-402.jpg

Edited by LincolnV

Dada

Idi-Amin-Dada-9183487-1-402.jpg

Doodoo

• Like 1

I agree.

why polish the turd when you can do something unique like hang over the balcony!

This is a really good line.

I have absolutely NO clue as to what it means!

But it's a really good line. :tongue:

Shows I liked last night (from the online broadcast) were Vanguard Cadets (when their shows finished, they should easily top BDB), Pacific Crest, Boston Crusaders (worried they'd beat SCV), and Phantom Regiment. This is from a purely entertaining perspective.

I thought Phantom should have won, by some margin. Not only are they clean, but their drill is beautiful as is the music. BDs show is very abstract and not entertaining. My partner and I were shocked that they won! Vanguard has some huge, glaring visual dirt. If they can clean it, their show should do okay. I think the Vanguard colorguard pajamas may be intentional - starry night = bedtime = pajamas.

From all of the online shows I've seen thus far, I hope the Top 5 include Carolina Crown and Phantom Regiment. This is, once again, from a purely entertaining perspective.

• Like 3

On the Blue Devils and narration: I'll say the same as I said after I saw the "Dance Derby of the Century" show. They have perrenially one of the best horn lines in the world. Let the HORNS do the talking! Blue Devils have been a favorite since I first saw them in 1976, but they are not who they used to be. This and the Dance Derby show both go down in my book as their worst shows in history.

• Like 3

Last 3 posts very well said. we went to bed east coast here after blue devils, wanted to stay up for scores but the devils show allowed my heart rate to drop below 20 bpm so i became sleepy.

Just seeing the scores 2 drum corp fans from connecticut are very dissapointed in how and what the judges are scoring or seeing. wow

• Like 1

Well, watching on fan network I'm so relieved BD is back to doing the same stuff they won with in 2010. Snippets, blasts, rest four counts, blast whole note, run 8 steps, blast half note, snore... They will likely win this year.

• Like 5

Anyone know how long it takes for the VOD to get uploaded on FanNetwork?