Muncie Mead - 6/29

@pbeau49@DCI_Tour Great show Scouts! #dci

@HannahMeeksProbMy mind is just completely blown. #DCI

@richardsstarrHuge standing O for Madison Scouts. #DCI

@sayingsofsallyScouts were better than they've been in years! #DCI

@HiggybabyySO EFFING AWESOME!!! @MadisonCorps @DCI_Tour

@sayingsofsallyYou cannot understand DCI until you experience a show. There is just something magical about it.

Edited by MotorCityMusician
  • Like 1

I disagree...I would say Blue Stars had a slightly better sound, and better book to work with, and Madison had more power

I'll give Scouts the power nod, but Spirit's ensemble sound has more refinement in my ears ... could be staging and vis demand, but they still sound better to me...

...anyway, HERE comes a hornline :thumbup:

Edited by hughesmr

At times in Madison's show, even in loud passages (e.g. in "Malaguena"), the loudest sound of all was the faux-piano. And in the ballad, with the contras in a big diamond shape in front of the rest of the corps in an arc, why is the bass synth louder than the conras? That said, another enjoyable show, if a bit disjointed. Love the (acoustic) singing! Is that trademark move, in which the contras are the last to slowly step into the final form, something that dates only to 2010 (and was repeated last year) or was it something the Scouts had done in the deeper past?

Agreed but hasn't the synth been the great offender in every show so far tonight? Just think how great this season would be without them. For every corps....

• Like 1

Lots of "bug squishing" going on from Madison and Crown this year. :thumbup:

• Like 1

Congrats to the members of the Scouts. I was one of the biggest critics of their visual program last year. But NOT this year. Vastly improved!!!!! This is a show that can really be improved upon this season. I think their strength is once again brass, but the drumline seems to doing a good job with a more challenging book. The only serious concern for me is the guard.... but even that section has more substantive work on which they can clean.

Congratulations to the members and staff. I can't wait to see you guys live in San Antonio.

• Like 1

Is MIchael Klesch being paid per note this season?

• Like 4