Muncie Mead - 6/29

Looks like Glen Fugett #### on Spirit's drum line tonight with that crappy number... What's his lame ###ed excuse? 1st time seeing them?

Well, he had Spirit 5th/7 in content but 7th in execution. He's saying they havea good book but execution problems. This being June that seems pretty feasible and not ####### on Spirit to me.

GlenN has always called them pretty fair in my experience

• Like 3

Followup from the Cavies website:

[...]

Thanks for the report; best wishes for Mr. Seneca. I heard that the same line of storms had 90 mph winds near Dayton and 16 people were injured at Wright Patterson AFB. The system then spawned a tornado in east-central OH.

Cavaliers: [...] Drop the synth entirely and I think it's pretty good.

Given that synthesizer almost never improves a show, I am amazed how much it continues to be (over)used by almost all corps.

Finally Crown: I think this is the best show Crown has ever fielded. [...] They are doing some incredible stuff with the cubes too.

At one point, the way the spinning cubes caught the light reminded me of the battle in Cadets' "Angels and Demons" last year.

Great comments!

• Like 1

Spirit's show is sweet!

I should add a couple of details about Crowns show. Not sure if it was noticeable on the stream but unlike most other corps Crown wasn't playing mood samples on the synth. The crowd got *completely* silent before the show started. Just utter stillness. Someone coughed and it echoed. Just pure eager anticipation.

The other thing I noticed live: the uniforms *work* in person. The gold really pops and the all-cream corps/guard/flags at the end just works in a way that doesn't come through on video.

• Like 2

I should add a couple of details about Crowns show. Not sure if it was noticeable on the stream but unlike most other corps Crown wasn't playing mood samples on the synth. The crowd got *completely* silent before the show started. Just utter stillness. Someone coughed and it echoed. Just pure eager anticipation.

The other thing I noticed live: the uniforms *work* in person. The gold really pops and the all-cream corps/guard/flags at the end just works in a way that doesn't come through on video.

Heard the guard had their best run of the season so far (even with some new stuff that they did with the brass for the first time during the show -- gotta love it when ensemble is rained out) .