Adirondack Drums - 6/29 Hello New York!

Magical Charters is currently working with Teal admin to get coaches to them asap so they can continue on the road.....

jvn

Great to hear. I hope Teal has legal recourse against the first company. Sounds like a broken contract to me.

• Like 1

I was at the show.

7th Regiment I thought had some nice moments, good drum line, definitely improved from last years show.

Jersey Surf, WOW, my son fell in love with them 2 or 3 years ago at this show and he was on the bandwagon early. The crowd loved the show, the bananna sticks were beaeting and most importantly they had a great show and played it well. They could be a dark horse tosneak up on some people.

Teal Sound had the misfortune of following Surf. I really liked their brass line but the crowd reaction wasn't there.

INT was good for a change as the Avante Garde Alumni drum line did a feature. Tore my heart out as that was the corps I was going to march but had to get a job instead.

Colts kicked off the second half, I have not had the opportunity to see them before and was impressed. I liked their show a lot. They sounded great, liked the drum line a lot.

I am a Crossmen fan so I was looking foreward to their show. The brass sounded good and the drumline was what Iexpected. Not sure i love the show but it is good to see them improving.

Cadets are a force. I loved everything about their show. There were even times where I could not take my eyes off the guard, and that is unusaul for me. Great job and the show is not corny at all.

Just a coupleof quick notes. This was not meant to be an in depth review, just observations from a fan.

I thought the crowd was smaller than usual.It is the first time this was not a midweek show in quite a while and maybe that impacted it.

My son could not find his Jersey Surf hat so we did not get to get it autographed, but we did get to watch their drumline warm up and he was thrilled.

Most importantly a nine and ten year old were thrilled and I got quality drum corps time with my kids

• Like 8

I just heard from a friend at Crossmen that their bus drivers quit, and they will have new busses soon to continue on tour. So John and others check out.

Gotta hate how fast rumors spread huh?

There is a "new" Magical Charters? How could it be any worse than the " old" Magical Charters? Or should I say Tragical charters? This situation is just totally amazing on so many levels.

Great job Surf!

hell yeah! great first number of the year!!

• Like 2

talked with a couple of other people inside Teal Sound's organization, they confirmed that there was a problem with the original bus company, that the drivers didn't know what they were in for, and were threatening to head back to FL.

Once this happened, DCI began working with the corps to find them new buses and get them housing for the night. However, what they have also said is that due to other issues (non-bus related), the corps admin is meeting with DCI to discuss the possibility of DCI taking over the corps. What this means, I'm not really sure. This certainly wouldn't be the first time that DCI has bailed out a corps, although they haven't always been very public about it, especially with some of the activity's most popular organizations.

As someone else has said, sometimes people like to embellish the truth, but this is the same story I have received from several people inside Teal Sound.

talked with a couple of other people inside Teal Sound's organization, they confirmed that there was a problem with the original bus company, that the drivers didn't know what they were in for, and were threatening to head back to FL.

Once this happened, DCI began working with the corps to find them new buses and get them housing for the night. However, what they have also said is that due to other issues (non-bus related), the corps admin is meeting with DCI to discuss the possibility of DCI taking over the corps. What this means, I'm not really sure. This certainly wouldn't be the first time that DCI has bailed out a corps, although they haven't always been very public about it, especially with some of the activity's most popular organizations.

As someone else has said, sometimes people like to embellish the truth, but this is the same story I have received from several people inside Teal Sound.

It would be a good idea if Teal made some sort of statement to head off the tidal wave of rumors.

Text messages are flying through the drum corps world right now and most them are "Teal sound folded?!?".

Can't imagine what a parent might think if they heard that (especially if they heard it from somewhere *other* than from the corps itself :-\ )

Edited by corpsband
  • Like 3