Adirondack Drums - 6/29 Hello New York!

It would be a good idea if Teal made some sort of statement to head off the tidal wave of rumors.

Text messages are flying through the drum corps world right now and most them are "Teal sound folded?!?".

Can't imagine what a parent might think if they heard that (especially if they heard it from somewhere *other* than the from the corps itself :-\ )

Agreed. But, what is more important: making sure the kids are taken care of in this situation or rushing to the social media outlets to make an official statement?

I'm sure we will get one, probably won't be till the morning or during the night after they put the kids to sleep.

• Like 2

Agreed. But, what is more important: making sure the kids are taken care of in this situation or rushing to the social media outlets to make an official statement?

I'm sure we will get one, probably won't be till the morning or during the night after they put the kids to sleep.

Oh I agree and it sounds like the kids are being taken care of.

BUT every member in every drum corps + recent FMM + staff members + you name it are texting this very thing this across the country. As a parent I would pretty much freak out if a friend of my daughter heard that her corps was folding and that their buses have just left them and that friend texted me asking me if I'd heard about it and was my kid ok...

NOW it may very well be that all the parents are being kept in the loop by the corps and that's not a concern. I certainly hope that's the case.

Anyway hope everything works out for the best with Teal.

Edited by corpsband
  • Like 1

As a parent of a FMM, this just breaks my heart. Wishing all the best for this corps.....the kids, and staff. :sad:

Yes it was a bus issue. They are working it out - but unfortunately they will have to miss the show tomorrow (Sat). The kids are fine and in housing in Ft. Edward - they just finished a meeting and received their schedule for tomorrow which will now be a practice day. I'm sure all parents are being made aware as we have been. And I'm pretty sure that DCP is in no way the corps formal communication platform so they will probably not be posting here. :)

• Like 2

Yes it was a bus issue. They are working it out - but unfortunately they will have to miss the show tomorrow (Sat). The kids are fine and in housing in Ft. Edward - they just finished a meeting and received their schedule for tomorrow which will now be a practice day. I'm sure all parents are being made aware as we have been. And I'm pretty sure that DCP is in no way the corps formal communication platform so they will probably not be posting here. :)

I didn't suggest it should be nor did I suggest Teal post here. What I did suggest was the Teal take action to stem the tidal of wave of misinformation that's spreading. Because chances are that tidal wave will wash up on the shores of some Teal parents -- maybe even before they check their official email from Teal. That is all.

To the bus drivers: This is drum corps, people. Plan and simple. We are a non-PROFIT organization that goes crazy all summer and if you can't take the heat, get off the bus.

Edited by xbones7480

This is drum corps, people. Plan and simple. We are a non-PROFIT organization that goes crazy all summer and if you can't take the heat, get off the bus.

Well, apparently Teal did get off the bus, but not because of their own decisions. I'm just glad that other people and corps are helping them out through this period. Even having a bus break down can cause logistical havoc for a corps, I can't imagine losing all of their buses at one time, and being stuck.

Best of luck to Teal Sound the rest of this summer. I always enjoyed competing with them back in '07 and '08, they seemed like some cool kids.

• Like 2

Magical Charters is currently working with Teal admin to get coaches to them asap so they can continue on the road.....

jvn

I sure hope for their sake they don't have to deal with Magical Charters ever again unless they have no other option.