Michigan City Mingle

Anyone have the judges list? It'll be interesting to see how things turn out tonight too! Will the Scouts stay on top of the Cavaliers? Will Spirit break 80? Will Troopers catch Glassmen? Will Crown open the gap, or will Scouts/Cavies close it? So many things to be excited about (and that's just the scores!)

If I remember right, the actual show will be on the Fan Network (not live), but I can wait a day or so to watch some more drum corps!

I made the same mistake yesterday talking with some friends.

Drove five hours to see Muncie, Indiana last night (before we found out it was on the FN. =\ ) so it will be interesting to see how the shows do again today. I'm more interested to see the spread between Bluecoats and Crown than anything, and whether the Cavaliers step it up from yesterday. But I really wish the Scouts were there today. I'll try and give my (inexperienced) play-by-play once I'm there. Cheers!

Judy, Sharon, Ashley, Josh, and I are feasting on unlimited breadsticks and sslad at the nearby Olive Garden before heading to Ames Field. Sitting in row 16, middle section, seats 26-30. (At the stadium, not the restaurant, Duh.) Stop by and say hello.

Everyone should make a trip to see a show sometime at Michigan City. There is no track, so you are right on top of the action in the intimate seating area. A new Astro Turf field was put in 2 years ago. Concessions are always good, and often at the end of the night are half-price. A Dairy Queen just east of the Field enthusiastically welcomes fans. Townspeople are introduced before the show -- you know, the mayor and city council. There are neighborhood kids who sneak a peek at the action through the small open endzone fences. A few nearby fireworks enhance the scene as night falls.

Showtime can't come soon enough.

• Like 1

Got this off Spirit's FB page. Don't know where they came by it:

Chief Judge: Richard Kemp

Color Guard: Marie Czapinski

GE Music: Mark McGahey

GE Visual: Richard Kemp

Music Analysis: Monte Mast

Visual Analysis: Michael Lentz

Is Michigan City Eastern or Central time zone?

Central.