Lynn Lounge

I'm guessing this was everyone's favorite announcer from up in those parts... "YOU!! may take the field in competition"

Love the NE shows. This show was another favorite to march. We marched the stupid vampire show in foggy conditions. Perfect effect for the show. And the crowd LOVED it.

But, YEAH BONES! Impressive recap too!

How was the show from anyone there???

it's a shame Boston isn;t at these shows this year!!! But know the Left Coast is loving it out there. They need a little piece of real drum corps every once in a while!! tongue.gif

Rumor had it that it was a rough show for bones. Has 2 separate falls. First one took out 5 trumpets. The next fall took out some mellows. Good recoveries I was told by a good source

Edited by TxBigfoot

Do the Colts have a pre-show or moving warm up that requires the announcer breaking in at a specific time?

They didn't last Saturday 6/23 but I'll check with the boy...

I marched drum corps for 2 seasons in the late 90's in a corps that was a close competitor of BAC (beat them one year, lost to them the next), and there was always something about the Lynn, Mass show vibe. We had not good shows both years and got spanked, but the enthusiasm for the home town fans was extremely palpable, and I always knew that show had to be a huge hype for the BAC members

I don't know if they have improved the stadium there, but I thought it was atrocious in the early 90's...both sitting in the stands with broken bottles and glass everywhere AND marching shows and practicing on that horrid field that was uneven...The only thing positive about that place was the INCREDIBLE CROWD...

I'm guessing this was everyone's favorite announcer from up in those parts... "YOU!! may take the field in competition"

I can't stand that announcement. I know the guy means well and he's obviously very involved in the activity and has been for a very long time, but goodness that schtick has gotten VERY old for me. I actually cringe every time I hear that announcement.

• Like 1

I don't know if they have improved the stadium there, but I thought it was atrocious in the early 90's...both sitting in the stands with broken bottles and glass everywhere AND marching shows and practicing on that horrid field that was uneven...The only thing positive about that place was the INCREDIBLE CROWD...

You wouldn't recognize Manning Bowl in Lynn these days now, Liahona. They completely tore down the old stadium a couple of years ago and built a brand new stadium in its place. Put in new upgrades everywhere. Its a nice joint now.

Edited by BRASSO

You wouldn't recognize Manning Bowl in Lynn these days now, Liahona. They completely tore down the old stadium a couple of years ago and built a brand new stadium in its place. Put in new upgrades everywhere. Its a nice joint now.

I did not know that...It is usually a deal breaker for me because I thought that place was horrid...maybe I will reevaluate for next time...I don't live in that area so I had no idea...last year I went to Lawrence show which was pretty nice.

I can't stand that announcement. I know the guy means well and he's obviously very involved in the activity and has been for a very long time, but goodness that schtick has gotten VERY old for me. I actually cringe every time I hear that announcement.

To each his own I guess...I like the announcer...

• Like 2

tongue.gif

The announcer and crowd yelling "YOU!! may enter the field in competition" happens at Beanpot, East Coast Classic, CYO Nationals (at least last year, not back in the day). I always assumed it was a BAC thing. I can't say I remember when it started, and it didn't happen at every show, but it goes back a while. In Boston, traditions just seem to happen whether they make sense or not, like "Sweet Caroline," a song by Neil Diamond, a classic New York crooner, becoming the unofficial anthem of the Red Sox. Things happen, become automatic traditions, and stay.

The classic New England announcer was CYO's Dom Bianculli who has been gone a number of years. He loved announcing his favorites such as North Stahhh, Boston Crusadahs, Holy Family Defendahs, and 27th Lancis (if there's an e before the r, it has an "is" sound).

Beanpot was a great time and shows in the Boston area are fun: great mix of old school, young kids, and curiosity seekers. More later.....

Just got a couple of texts from the boy - Colts did not have a good show tonight (his words). Only had about an hour's rehearsal time today due to a parade also said that the announcer really threw them for a loop. Anyone who was there care to comment?

If the announcer threw them a curve ball, they handled it well. It was a weak start, but a great finish. If they were in a parade (it was a beautiful but hot yesterday) and they only had an hour's practice, then they did well given the circumstances.