Two sites that are fun to check out

Many new fans don't know about these offerings, and I've run into older fans who were surprised these things sites existed.

Blue Knights' standings graph

This is fun to check out as it's easy to follow the scoring/placement trajectory of each corps.

DCI.org competitive rankings

An easy way to see how average scores for an entire week translate into rank changes.

Neither site is intended to predict future performance, but each is intriguing in its own way.

• Like 4

Kevin Gamin dropped me a message that stated: "I would be remiss if I didn't point out that DCP has its own scores and stats page with the ability to compare scores between corps in each caption or overall and a score history from previous seasons."

I've always had my browser set to take me directly to the forums, so I never see the rest of the site. (At one time, DCP was essentially just forums.) I'll have to check that out, as I hope so do others.

Many new fans don't know about these offerings, and I've run into older fans who were surprised these things sites existed.

Blue Knights' standings graph

This is fun to check out as it's easy to follow the scoring/placement trajectory of each corps.

DCI.org competitive rankings

An easy way to see how average scores for an entire week translate into rank changes.

Neither site is intended to predict future performance, but each is intriguing in its own way.

Blue Knights really are to be congratulated for having a nice score, caption, placement and head to head match up source there on their site. You can even go there ( for example ) to see past history caption scores and placement score spreads between Corps in head to head match ups. I like also that we can even see on the BK site when all the Corps will be matched up in future head to head competition in future shows this season. ( the other sites mentioned here are good sources that provide valuable data too )

Edited by BRASSO

We've just updated our contest recap pages to include the judging criteria used for each of the sub-captions ... based on the current set of judging sheets published by DCI. Simply hover your mouse over a sub-caption heading (e.g., "Rep", "Perf", "Comp", "Achvmt", etc) to see the criteria used for judging that sub-caption. THANKS Charles Frey for the suggestion!

Kevin Gamin dropped me a message that stated: "I would be remiss if I didn't point out that DCP has its own scores and stats page with the ability to compare scores between corps in each caption or overall and a score history from previous seasons."

I've always had my browser set to take me directly to the forums, so I never see the rest of the site. (At one time, DCP was essentially just forums.) I'll have to check that out, as I hope so do others.

Mike - I suppose this proves that some people pay no attention to the banners and other links on the page that provide information about other features on the site.

I like the way the DCP recaps highlight the top 3 in each caption. Somehow they are much more readable than the plain DCI recap sheets.

Thank you for the kind words. We're always looking for ways to make our presentation better.

-john

We've just updated our contest recap pages to include the judging criteria used for each of the sub-captions ... based on the current set of judging sheets published by DCI. Simply hover your mouse over a sub-caption heading (e.g., "Rep", "Perf", "Comp", "Achvmt", etc) to see the criteria used for judging that sub-caption. THANKS Charles Frey for the suggestion!

Mike - I suppose this proves that some people pay no attention to the banners and other links on the page that provide information about other features on the site.

Thank you for the kind words. We're always looking for ways to make our presentation better.

-john

These recaps here on DCP are so much easier to read than currently on the DCI site. I hope everyone enjoy's the short blurbs on what each caption really means, as we talk about in the forums about scores between corps A and Corps B, etc...

I would give you a nice +1 green tick if we were allowed to +/- admin posts. Really nice job!!! Thanks!

Yes i look at it all the time. Love the graphic's they added this year to compare.