Kalamazoo hullabaloo

Once Madison implements some of the changes they are working on, and get the Guard down to business, it is my belief they will pass the Bluecoats and have a real shot at 5th place this year. Just have a eeling.

• Like 2

I agree with that possibility.

just checked out the recaps, surprised that no one noticed there was no Percussion judge.The percussion score was actually the same score as musical analysis.

The percussion judge's flight got cancelled at the last moment, with no other alternative to get to Kalamazoo when that happened. It wasn't possible to get another one into Kalamazoo in time for the show.

Edited by Michael Boo
  • Like 1

It was a remarkable relief last night when the breeze moved in and the temperature dropped at least 15 degrees. I hope it stays that way the rest of the season.

Edited by Michael Boo

Once Madison implements some of the changes they are working on, and get the Guard down to business, it is my belief they will pass the Bluecoats and have a real shot at 5th place this year. Just have a eeling.

So I am guessing both SCV and Bluecoats will not put in their planned changes either and just take off the rest of the season. :)

In all seriousness, I see Bluecoats passing Phantom but I can't see Scouts passing Bluecoats. Also, don't think for one minute that the Cavaliers are going to roll over and play dead for the rest of the year. The Scouts are 3.5 off the Coats and only 1.6 over Cavaliers at Kalamazoo (and 1 only one point over Spirit)..

What has a better chance of happening? Cavies or Spirit passing Madison or Madison passing SCV and Bluecoats?

• Like 1

I enjoy Spirit. And I am ecstatic to see them back strong. However, there are some awesome enhancements coming with the Scouts' show and once those changes get put in, I really feel we'll start to see them pull away from Spirit. Sorry, but as a former performer and drum corps staff member, I truly believe that Spirit's show does not have the technical content, even with the Scouts being a little cluttered at times, to catch the Scouts.

Please don't forget that Spirit, as well as every Corps on tour, is also making updates and changes. They will continue to do so probably up to and including Finals night. I just heard of some guard changes today--nothing specific unfortunately, but of the "you're gonna love it!" variety.

Each Corps product is not static, but a constantly moving target. It's going to be very interesting this week leading up to DCI Minnesota on Saturday.

Please don't forget that Spirit, as well as every Corps on tour, is also making updates and changes. They will continue to do so probably up to and including Finals night. I just heard of some guard changes today--nothing specific unfortunately, but of the "you're gonna love it!" variety.

Each Corps product is not static, but a constantly moving target. It's going to be very interesting this week leading up to DCI Minnesota on Saturday.

there are groups that plan changes to happen at certain periods and there are groups that have changes due to weak area or not coming through the way it is wanted. Now i dont know Spirits changes but from reading on DCI website sounds like Madison has one of the big changes that are planned. I still worry about Spirit peaking due to the show being real clean now.

i would have done it. how much do they make?tongue.gif

It may not be enough once you realize that part of the job description includes making sure I've got a dry umbrella in my mai tai.

In all seriousness, I see Bluecoats passing Phantom but I can't see Scouts passing Bluecoats.

hmmmm I'm not sure as I didn't get to see Bluecoats live but if they do that would be quite a feat. PR is purdy darn good this year. I think it's a tie with SCV as my favorite straight drum corps show. I really do love the da da show a lot even though it's not what I would call drum corps.