Chambersburg Show

Opener is strong point

The only thing that worries me about the opener is the transition that occurs in the backfield in the middle of the piece. It drives the momentum into the ground. To me, it feels awkward.

Middle tunes tighetened up and improved

Jingle Bells has the potential to be the next BWBB, but I wish there was some drill in the swing reprise (where they're currently doing a park and blow).

Percussion is a significant strength over Crown

No doubt! :smile:

Cadets will need to restage the ballad / push toward audience / lose the slides and get the guard in white / to trim the GE gaps in music and visual that have opened up

Pushed toward audience that tune could be an imcredible music moment ala Hymnsong

My thought is they're trying to achieve some sort of effect for a dome. However, I agree with you. They are not maximizing the emotional effect of the ballad though it does have the potential to be one of the greats. Hymnsong is a great example as well as the 09 I Have a Love ballad.

The guard costumes are perplexing. I understand they wanted a wrapped present look, but of all the wrapping paper styles in the world why didn't they pick a more elegant style that would match the classy corps unis?

I don't like the slides either. It's just clutter.

Closer seems short and ragged / like a temp fix

I agree. It has left me a little flat considering how I've been spoiled with so many fantastic closers in the past 5 or so years.

All in all, I like the show, but I don't love it...yet. They've proven a Christmas show can be a serious contender!

I'd bet she could handle it, but "the look" you'd get going to your seats might be a little uncomfortable. We got "the look" when we took Olivia to Stockton and San Jose in 2005 when she was 8 months old. There were moments when one of us had to move away from our seats ( which were awesome) to feed or change her. Otherwise, she was an angel. Even went down on the field with Mav and Tom Peashey. She also seemed to have preferences. Go figure!

Garry in Vegas

I could give two ##### about "the look". I'm more concerned with the humidity and YEA's pricing to sit inside the 30's

I could give two ##### about "the look". I'm more concerned with the humidity and YEA's pricing to sit inside the 30's

As for pricing..the Jackson show was a complete sellout...the only ticket I could buy was a ticket to stand by the fence or go to the back stands...$10.

As for pricing..the Jackson show was a complete sellout...the only ticket I could buy was a ticket to stand by the fence or go to the back stands...$10.

good. I'm glad the show was a sellout. My wallet thinks the prices charged for 6 corps to have good seats are too steep.But don't be fooled...YEA hands out the comps. I've gotten some in the past

good. I'm glad the show was a sellout. My wallet thinks the prices charged for 6 corps to have good seats are too steep.But don't be fooled...YEA hands out the comps. I've gotten some in the past

Plus Bayonne and C2. I don't find the price too high for that.

I paid $15 on the day they offered the free upgrade. Was on the 50 about midway up.

If they had Surf in the show, then it would've been worth it.

• Like 2

Awesome day of drum corps.

Quick thoughts.

Raiders - incomplete

Teal - musically there's a decent show in there there. not sure if they've got it quite figured out what to do visually.

Colt - first WOW of the evening. I think the Colts show is put together really well. They are not as technically proficient as Xmen but to be honest I think I like their show a little better.

Xmen -- this show is great at the beginning and end. they lost my interest in the middle. BUT clearly better performers than Colts at this point.

Crown - moment after moment after moment. just great drum corps. i'm ok with the all-cream thing and had no trouble seeing the guard. im excited to see where this show goes because im sure they've probably got more coming. Based on what i saw they *can* get this show clean.

Cadet - had a GREAT run, I want more from this show however. As fun as the sledding is, I think they will axe it and do something else. visual is not keeping up with music in the DYHWIH. Again -- what will this show look at East? Can't wait to see what they do!

maybe more later....

Edited by corpsband
  • Like 1

Xmen -- this show is great at the beginning and end. they lost my interest in the middle. BUT clearly better performers than Colts at this point.

Yup...I loved the rpeshow and opener, and then my interest flagged a bit (at Jackson). They had this huge impact chord near the end of the show...but there was no real buildup to pull the crowd...there was virtually no applause. I was standing at the fence with two Xmen staff right in front of me...they turned to the stands at that spot to check the reaction, and they looked kind of bummed that the spot did not generate a big reaction.

Cadet - had a GREAT run, I want more from this show however. As fun as the sledding is, I think they will axe it and do something else. visual is not keeping up with music in the DYHWIH. Again -- what will this show look at East? Can't wait to see what they do!

For this show to work they have to throw everything, inc the kitchen sink, into the mix. I'm sure they will!

:smile: