getting ready for the first Regional and neighborhooding

Several Crossmen shots from tonight

• Like 1

Thank you Zashcroft

All scores dropped

getting ready for the first Regional and neighborhooding

Yep, a memo was sent. Paraphrasing, "Scores too high, reign it in."

Opener is strong point

The only thing that worries me about the opener is the transition that occurs in the backfield in the middle of the piece. It drives the momentum into the ground. To me, it feels awkward.

Middle tunes tighetened up and improved

Jingle Bells has the potential to be the next BWBB, but I wish there was some drill in the swing reprise (where they're currently doing a park and blow).

Percussion is a significant strength over Crown

No doubt! :smile:

Cadets will need to restage the ballad / push toward audience / lose the slides and get the guard in white / to trim the GE gaps in music and visual that have opened up

Pushed toward audience that tune could be an imcredible music moment ala Hymnsong

My thought is they're trying to achieve some sort of effect for a dome. However, I agree with you. They are not maximizing the emotional effect of the ballad though it does have the potential to be one of the greats. Hymnsong is a great example as well as the 09 I Have a Love ballad.

The guard costumes are perplexing. I understand they wanted a wrapped present look, but of all the wrapping paper styles in the world why didn't they pick a more elegant style that would match the classy corps unis?

I don't like the slides either. It's just clutter.

Closer seems short and ragged / like a temp fix

I agree. It has left me a little flat considering how I've been spoiled with so many fantastic closers in the past 5 or so years.

All in all, I like the show, but I don't love it...yet. They've proven a Christmas show can be a serious contender!