Could we see crazier things in shows?

Not too sure why I thought of this, but do any of you think we will ever see things such as real cars in a show, or even live animals? Yeah, that sounds off the wall, but I wouldn't put it past drum corps.

Not too sure why I thought of this, but do any of you think we will ever see things such as real cars in a show, or even live animals? Yeah, that sounds off the wall, but I wouldn't put it past drum corps.

SHHHHHHH, you're ruining the surprise planned for us by BD 2013. First they have fake horses in '12, next year will be the real deal.

• Like 2

Cars would absolutely wreck the field. And it seems like there's already a rule against animals. But there could be some crazier prop-like objects in the future, possibly even self-powered machines (though nothing quite as much as a car I imagine).

With live animals corps could advertise for "Livestock Fecal Removal Intern" alongside notices for "metronome technician". What a great opportunity for the kids!

Edited by Rifuarian

With live animals corps could advertise for "Livestock Fecal Removal Intern" alongside notices for "metronome technician". What a great opportunity for the kids!

The vet intern who would have to travel with the corps could also be in charge of the pooper-scooper!

Not too sure why I thought of this, but do any of you think we will ever see things such as real cars in a show, or even live animals?

Reminds me of back in 1970, when 32nd Hussar (another all-male corps from Madison, WI) did their official media photo with members posed on horses.

Edited by Northern Thunder

Noone has attempted an underwater show yet?

What about explosives?

What I am waiting for are CineScapes.

In my definition of this idea, what we would see is 1, 2, or 3 large cinema-like screens that get placed in the back (on the 50), back-left (diagonally facing in), and back-right (also diagonally facing in). These screens not only partition off some of the back portion of the field (and most of the back stands), but they allow each corps to project images, land-scapes, 3d objects or scenes, and more, in order to add realism to their show theme.

Might not be everyone's cup of tea, but it would be neat to see something like this.

Edited by jwillis35