Cavaliers in danger of missing finals?

It is possible. It will depend upon which corps gets cleaner faster. It has to be difficult to be a returning member of this corps this year. I am saddened for the members and fell empathy for them. Their staff seems to be letting them down big time. People must also remember morale is a big issue. There is an emotional aspect that could cause the Cavies to lose their fighting spirit. It's happened before and it wouldn't be surprising here considering that this corps has not been in this position in many years. If I was a returning member, it would be hard for me to respect what this staff is doing at this point in the season. If the morale doesn't increase, then neither will the scores.

Edited by Corbin

Discuss.

Nothing to discuss.

• Like 2

just checked out the recaps, surprised that no one noticed there was no Percussion judge.

Geez, I'm impressed you did notice. :blink:

Good catch!

please dont shoot the messenger

BAM!

:cool:

[/quote

just checked out the recaps, surprised that no one noticed there was no Percussion judge.

Geez, I'm impressed you did notice. :blink:

Good catch!

please dont shoot the messenger

:cool:

I thought I saw one out there and they just didn't put their name on the recap .. but I could be wrong.

Just wait until August get here, folks. Then we will see if this activity is really biased and crooked. I still believe that come finals week, the Cavaliers are going magically appear in the top 7, even if they don't deserve to be there. There will probably be one or two corps that get the shaft because some judges didn't have the guts to do the right thing.

If you remember PR09, I think you may be wrong on what the judges are willing to do. Yes, I know that being a Cadevalier in 10th place in July is unthinkable but this a great corps with a history of suberb execution, and the show theme gives them latitude to add some wow factor...no story to box them in. I only hope for their sake that they don't frantically attempt to re-write too much (again PR09 comes to mind) and risk their always "ace in the hole".....Cavies performance level!

One other note....good for Spirit, Madison, PR and Bones for bringing it this go around.

Edited by Plan9
  • Like 1

People would've never guessed in the 80s or 90's that the powerful Madison Scouts would ever fall out of finals, but it happened. Noone wouldve guessed in the 90s that Carolina Crown would be on track to win a World Title... It is entirely possible for Cavies to miss finals! Something to think about- Crossmen and Spirit are cleaner than Cavies and frankly sound better- they will likely continue to best them. BStars sound great and if they get their vis in order could also beat Cavies. BK is starting to put it together and have as beastly a vis package as anyone this summer, they too could best Cavies. These corps all have good hornlines, good drumlines and in Most a great colorguard. BK has an amazing Drumline and colorguard. Ultimately I'd say it's possible though not probable that they'll miss finals and could see them at least in 11-12... Just my two cents

WP

• Like 3

When we add the Percussion judges... especially at Semifinals in August,... the Cavaliers should easily find themselves qualifying for somewhere in the top 12 to make it to Finals Night. I just don't see much of a chance they'll finish 13th or below in the Semi's. I just don't see this happening to them at all.

When we add the Percussion judges... especially at Semifinals in August,... the Cavaliers should easily find themselves qualifying for somewhere in the top 12 to make it to Finals Night. I just don't see much of a chance they'll finish 13th or below in the Semi's. I just don't see this happening to them at all.

Agree mostly... BK had a top notch Drumline in '95 in fact I want to say top six going to Semis and missed finals. Now its the Cavies we're talking about but sometimes those numbers start to even out to the placement they're sitting in. Lots o good drumlines this summer. Course Cavies dud win drums last summer so.....

WP

• Like 1