Score Upsets of 2012....

Madisons biggest transformation came with the signing of Brad Green as brass CH. I can personally attest to this mans talent level as a teacher. He has made a signifcant improvement anywhere he has gone. Starting with BK taking over in 04 their brass went from 14th to 10th in his first year. Then joining Blue Stars in 08 taking them from 13th in brass to 8th in his first year. Then going to Scouts taking their brass from 12th to 10th year one and now they are sitting in 5th for brass. He is a major part of Madison's success, as he has been anywhere hes gone.

• Like 3

Interesting note is that Lee Beddis was with Madison back in the mid 90s before he went to Crown. Now, he's back!

Donnie Van Doren is another reason their brass is moving up the charts as well as Robert Smith.

• Like 1

Donnie Van Doren is another reason their brass is moving up the charts as well as Robert Smith.

So obviously...we've had a crazy year so far with the scores...corps who weren't even in finals are placing 6th!

So the question....is the new judging format really having that much havoc on the activity in its first year of implementation...or are these corps really just 'that' good this year?

**Don't get me wrong, I have no problem with the upset, I welcome it!

The only thing different I see this year so far is the Cavaliers slow out of the gate. Otherwise, things look the same to me for the most part regarding head to head competition this year from top to bottom in World Class and Open Class. Maybe they'll be wholesale placement changes from last season come the upcoming regionals, who knows. But its too early to tell if there will be, it seems to me.

Edited by BRASSO

Surprised at Madison???? Are you crazy???? They are solid from top to bottom, and have been solid for the past two seasons. This is their year to get the recognition they deserve. They have an amazing staff and have recruited lots of talented musicians over the past couple of years...and they have lots of returning vets. And more so than the majority of other corps...they look like a corps....act like a corps, and really know how to please the crowds. GO SCOUTS.

• Like 3

DCI Minneapolis is going to be very, very interesting this Saturday!

It will be our first chance to see how the East/Midwest/West tours match up and will finally sort out the scoring.

....then, we can discuss the strengths and weaknesses of our favorite corps using realistic numbers and results.

Can't wait!!!!

From all indications starting in 2010, that staff put in place a 3 to 4 year plan to be able to start competing for the title again. I think that they will have a break out year next year, with 2013 being their 75th anniversary. I am already hearing some buzz about it and it is going to be mind blowing!!!

Is it November yetsigh.gif

Edited by MotorCityMusician

Since the opening week, how many corps have changed places? Spirit > Cavaliers, and Teal squeaked by Surf for a night.

Otherwise, we've had 3 weeks of

CC > Cadets by 1

Cadets > Crossmen by 8, followed directly in line by Colts Surf Teal in that order almost every night

BD > PR by 2

PR > SCV by 3

Coats > Madison by 2

Madison > Cavs by 1+

Night in, night out nearly the exact same results. They will change places eventually but was hoping the new system gives us less slotting.

I was in Kalamazoo last weekend to see Blue Stars pass by the Cavvies...........that was startling to witness!