Teal Sound Last Night

Lots of great things there! I can see them moving up this year!

I'd love to hear more about it, since I don't believe their show is on Fan Network yet. I'm always impressed with Teal's potential, though they tend to make music design decisions I don't care for, but there's always something to like about their shows.

I'd love to hear more about it, since I don't believe their show is on Fan Network yet. I'm always impressed with Teal's potential, though they tend to make music design decisions I don't care for, but there's always something to like about their shows.

They took the circus theme and implemented it well! Contra players jumping on each others shoulders, cymbals spinning on drum sticks, guard choreography, and the "circus" theme isn't too hokey in the brass. It has a dark undertone that builds to a happy carnival finish!

Edited by 5080S
  • Like 2

From what I witnessed with Teal Sound, I noticed that:

A) Teal embraced typical circus themes, such as classical circus motifs, dress in guard, choreography, and shenanigans (such as spinning cymbals on drum sticks and acrobatics in the contra section)

B) Musical package was not over-the-top, but contained features for all sections, most notably the passing around of a singular circus melody to different sections of the ensemble

C) Visual package was not memorable to me, but I distinctly remember a few holes on field, whether they were formed from illness or absences

The show was given a great response by Chambersburg audience; if I recall correctly, portions of the audience gave it a standing-o. Entertaining for sure!

• Like 2

awkward thread is awkward.

• Like 4

It wasn't awkward at all until somebody thought it would be fun to troll it up.

• Like 2

Not so awkward if you would have noticed that this thread was started yesterday MORNING (11:08am, 7/9), almost 11.5 hours BEFORE the announcement was made last NIGHT (10:32pm) here on DCP.