DCI Minnesota Recap Roundup

You know Flammaster, you bash on Hopkins for being "religious" and yet you openly support a corps called the Devils? It's easy to be hypocritical I guess? :thumbdown:

It's amazing that people still get ###### at the Cadets over their musical choices. People said they should shut up and play for so many years, and now they're doing a show full of Christmas tunes, and people are still finding a reason to #####. Guess some people will always hate and complain about what a corps does no matter what.

Congrats to every corps last night, I think we will see a very different picture in a week though at the next regional, where the time slots may be a bit more favorable to everyone

Go ahead; make fun... Just be aware that one of most effective musical performances ever in the history of DCI was the Suncoast Sound show called Symphonic Dances for the Contemporary Child which utilized many children's melodies. It is in the treatment of the chart, not the source material, which makes something great or hokey.

One of the all-time hokey-iest songs has to be "happy days are here again." Proving your point Stu, I would argue, Blue Devils did a phenomenal job of arranging and performing that tune in '88. (and Barbabra Streisand did a pretty fair job with that as well)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fS9FJwMoJaM&feature=related

Edited by wvu80

1342384957[/url]' post='3173723']

You know Flammaster, you bash on Hopkins for being "religious" and yet you openly support a corps called the Devils? It's easy to be hypocritical I guess? :thumbdown:

It's amazing that people still get ###### at the Cadets over their musical choices. People said they should shut up and play for so many years, and now they're doing a show full of Christmas tunes, and people are still finding a reason to #####. Guess some people will always hate and complain about what a corps does no matter what.

Congrats to every corps last night, I think we will see a very different picture in a week though at the next regional, where the time slots may be a bit more favorable to everyone

It is named after Mt Diablo which apears blue when looking at it. Talk about a WEAK argument. Lmao. laughing.gif

I loved cadets show last year btw.

• Like 1

It is named after Mt Diablo which apears blue when looking at it. Talk about a WEAK argument. Lmao. laughing.gif

Whatever. Not worth the fight apparently

Edited by fsubone

... You've actually said on here that you hated the religious themes presented in the Cadets show last year. You can't pick and choose your principles dude, you either stick to them or abandon them

In the movie version of A Clockwork Orange Alex (played by Malcolm McDowell) is in prison reading the Bible; the Chaplin sees Alex in what sort of appears as a trance; the Chaplin compliments Alex for his conversion to righteousness; in reality Alex is in a dreamy stupor because he visions himself as the Roman Soldier whipping Christ. Maybe that is how a particular person (clears throat) in this thread loved the Cadets show having those Alex type visions.

By the way, the Demons mocking version of the Doxology was well arranged and well crafted within the context of the show (but I am glad the Angels won the battle)!!!

By the way, the Demons mocking version of the Doxology was well arranged and well crafted within the context of the show (but I am glad the Angels won the battle)!!!

I thought last year's show was phenomenally crafted and very tastefully presented. And I like this year's show. But I don't like people who make up stupid arguments and try and bash a corps director while selectively applying their own principles

P.S- Clockwork Orange is really a great movie, am I right?

Edited by fsubone

P.S- Clockwork Orange is really a great movie, am I right?

I liked the movie and the book (which, by the way, was written first). The book contained more of the hybrid speak and thought provoking imagery; but the movie (especially with McDowell) brought it to life rather well. As for the latest comments/photos from that flammaster guy, people resort to that type of sarcasm when their argument is weak and failing.

Edited by Stu

It's like asking someone "Hey would you rather have sex with Whitney Houston or Marilyn Monroe" without telling them you were actually talking about their dead bodies, and then laughing at them for being a necrophiliac.

I just have to say that this is one of the more unique analogies I've ever seen on DCP.