Favorite Shows of All Time

I know there have been several threads on DCP listing favorite shows throughout the years - classic shows, those not to be missed. I found it a couple of years ago, but can't seem to find it now. Anyone got a good search string or link to unearth that baby?

Cadets 1987

BlueDevils 1988

Cavaliers 2003

Crown 2010

Cadets 2005

Bridgemen 1976- 1982

27th Lancers 1980

Star of Indiana- 1993 ( may not appeal to all)

Vanguard- 1980

Edited by boxingfred

Cadets 2001

Blue Devils 1998 1999 2001

Star 1991 1993

Cavies 1999-2003

I know there have been several threads on DCP listing favorite shows throughout the years - classic shows, those not to be missed. I found it a couple of years ago, but can't seem to find it now. Anyone got a good search string or link to unearth that baby?

DCI did a nationwide survey of Drum Corps fans from around the Country just a few short years back. The top choices were then selected and then played in a " Classics " broadcast in the nationwide theatres. I believe that the #1 choice of national fans was the Santa Clara Vanguard winning DCI show from 1989, the " Phantom of the Opera ". Also very high on the list ( 2nd ? ) was The Cadets 1984 DCI Title winning show " West Side Story ". Others I recall on that list was 2002 Cavaliers " Frameworks ", and 1994 Blue Devils " Spanish Heart ".

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

Thanks. My nephew (current marching age percussionist) got Fan Network and he was asking which shows to watch. I knew we'd covered that here before, but I was unable to get a good enough search string to find the old threads. I wanted to give him a list of what is not to be missed and what are some of the shows that everyone talks about.

Thanks for the suggestions!

2000 Cadets

• Like 2

1990 Academie Musicale, lest anyone believe "it" all started with a corps from the States.

1. 1995 Madison Scouts

2. 2007 Carolina Crown

3. 1991 Phantom Regiment

4. 1988 Blue Devils

5. 1984, 2011, or 2012 Spirit of Atlanta

6. 2011 Cadets (also 1984, 1987, 1989)

7. 1992 Crossmen

8. 2011 Crown

9. 1991 or 1992 SCV. This year is also good.

10. 1990, 1991 Star of Indiana

Thanks. My nephew (current marching age percussionist) got Fan Network and he was asking which shows to watch. I knew we'd covered that here before, but I was unable to get a good enough search string to find the old threads. I wanted to give him a list of what is not to be missed and what are some of the shows that everyone talks about.

Thanks for the suggestions!

Have your nephew watch Madison Scouts 75,88 and 95. Very awesome shows indeed.